Thread: Blinker with the dash

Vehicle
    95 Skivic

Blinker with the dash

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this or it just regularly happens on ours... this is for automatics, it seems too..

I was driving home and my headlights were on (kinda late, 10-11pm) and I hit the blinker and while turning, I noticed the lighted box after my gear selector in the dash board between the fuel and temp levels... was blinking opposite of the actually blinker...

ie the outside blinker would turn on, the box dimmed. The blinker turned off, the box would brighten... has anypone else noticed this? I've owned the car for 2+ years now and never saw it b4, thought it was odd but cool.

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Yeah...if I have my blinker on and...say, the gas light on...they'll blink opposite of each other (gas light won't blink off, but to about 1/2 light intensity). I just don't worry about it and keep driving :p

Alex

Vehicle
    89 Accord 4DR Manual DX, 01 Hyundai Elantra
    On my old 89 Dodge Colt, I noticed that happening one night. My stereo and my radar detector started acting funny shortly afterwards. Then my alternator died.
    Fiddling with a worn-looking but tough 89 DX 4DR 5 Speed, when I'm not working on the NIN Hotline..

In Search Of: Passenger Side Rear View Mirror Plastic, Honda Steering Wheel emblem.

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*
    hmm, im not shur if this is what happened to my car. but anyway, it sounds familiar. when i put a bulbs that was supposed to go in my blinker into my tail light socket, every time i hit the brakes the parking lights would go on. i dont guess that would be exactly what is happening to you. also, the thing about the gauges dimming happened a different time too. it was because of some wires that were burned through. they had shorted out and burned some how and every time i turned the light on or put the blinkers the gauge lights dimmed. i had to replace that whole blinker and wiper steering column thing. if not that, then i dont know what to tell you. hope you can fix it.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    2006 Nissan 350z
    I found that it is due to them being on the same circuit behind the console. Since power is being used throughout the vehicle (especially in the night), the blinker is robbing a great amount of energy from that circuit, causing it to fluctuate.

I have had this problem since I first purchased the car. I have also replaced the distributor/rotor, wires, spark plugs, battery (optima red tops only), alternator, belts, ignition module, and even regrounded the car (all of these were just normal maintenance issues) and I still see that. Especially when I have the low fuel guage come on and have the blinker on.
    natsugusa ya
    tsuwamono domo ga
    yume no ato

Vehicle
    90 Nissan 240sx coupe
    I don't think he's presenting a problem, just something he noticed.

I noticed that as well. My blinker indicator (in the dash) will blink opposite the outside blinkers with the headlights on. Also, the side blinkers (on the front quarter panels) go opposite the ones in the in bumper/on the tails. I think it's that way. Kinda cool way to conserve energy!