Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might Get a 94 Prelude Si !!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX

Might Get a 94 Prelude Si !!!!!!!!!!!

My mom wants to buy this car for me b/c she thinks my accord is a POS... hehehe she doesnt know crap. She's gonna let me keep the accord too. I just checked on parts and holy crap there's turbo kits, SS headers and exhaust systems. I mean I could get anything and everything for it. It's fully loaded with moonroof, pwr options, etc...

It's got 161K on it and its the 2.2L Si it's also red too. OMG I can't believe she actually wants to buy me a sports car. It's selling for 3700 from her doctor friend at the mayo clinic here. I'm going to test drive it today and take some pics with my phone. I can't wait man. She thinks we can get it for like 3300-3500 though.

What do you guys think?

-Mike

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's89AccordLX
    My mom wants to buy this car for me b/c she thinks my accord is a POS... hehehe she doesnt know crap. She's gonna let me keep the accord too. I just checked on parts and holy crap there's turbo kits, SS headers and exhaust systems. I mean I could get anything and everything for it. It's fully loaded with moonroof, pwr options, etc...

It's got 161K on it and its the 2.2L Si it's also red too. OMG I can't believe she actually wants to buy me a sports car. It's selling for 3700 from her doctor friend at the mayo clinic here. I'm going to test drive it today and take some pics with my phone. I can't wait man. She thinks we can get it for like 3300-3500 though.

What do you guys think?

-Mike
    Absolutely do it, period. Not everyone can warm up to the dashboard design, but as car's go it's one of honda's best efforts to date. Now if I recall any lude si past 93 means H22a. Even if I'm wrong and it has the H23 with 160hp, that engine is one of the most flexible motors honda has done, really nice power deliver. Your right about the aftermarket.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    Yeah I just saw it's a H23A1 2.3L DOHC. I'm really excited b/c I know that most people want the H22's so it has to have some sweet power. And it has all of the performance and style upgrades available. I'm really stoked that I will be able to keep the 3G too!!!!!!!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    I'd try to find one with a little less miles. My friend had a 95 Lude, he loved it. Then it got wrecked and he now has a 95 Lexus SC400. Big upgrade.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    get it!!! and part out the accord for more dough to upgrade!
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    haha, shouldn't even have to ask anybody.
    the words prelude and SI and 4th gen should be enuff to convince anyone to get it.
    i would love to find one here at that price. can barely find a 3rd gen SI for 4grand.
    go for it, take that lude and modify it. it would be a very sweet ride.
    1989 Accord: Back to Stock
    2007 Accord: Stock
    1991 Civic SI: bunch of stuff done.

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Is it a 5-speed?

A friend of mine used to have a '92 Si, those things rip. He had a AEM cold-air, and a Greddy cat-back. Deep, throaty sounding. It was great, and with 160 horses stock, why not?

Keep the Accord. You so crazy lightbulb.
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    I test drove the car and holy crap that has a ton of balls!!! I'm going to have to pay for some of it but my mom will pay for most of it and I will have to fork some dough over for the insurance too. It shifts so nice and all the power options work. Never had an accident. All highway miles too. This friend of my mom's is the 3rd owner and the 2nd owner bought it when it was a year old. That dash is kinda funny but I can live with it. My g/f is going to test drive it tonight. She would probably help make some payments too. There's only about a 3" long spot of rust that isn't through the paint on the pass. rear fenderwell. Its a common spot for the 4th gen ludes though. 4 wheel disk brakes oh my its just too much to tell. Very clean interior and it has a armrest in it with a cupholder. It has dual airbags. For the condition and the miles it has kelly blue book had it listed for $4,150. For a private seller. And I would probably get it for $3,500. Man that motor looked sweet. I was just picturing the mods in my head... And yes it's a 5 speed (I wouldn't get anything else unless it was a 6 speed :cool2: )

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    I personally love the dash setup on those Prelude's. Good luck with it man.
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    That's one thing I hated, was the dash. Horrible design. Otherwise, not a bad car.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    tight man! have fun with it!
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    My mom loves it b/c she used to race her old celica back when she was a kid and she loves the sportyness of the car and the speed the thing has. And the parts seem fairly resonable for aftermarket parts. I would need to have a quiet muffler (one thing my mom said is a must.) I will just put everything else that I can afford except the muffler. This is like for sure too, my mom's going to see how much the insurance is and she will probably have it in her name b/c of my speeding tickets I had over 1.5 years ago. I'm a good driver now, but I will definately take this car to the track and have fun.

Vehicle
    88 accord lx-i coupe 5sp.
    originally posted by mikes89accordlx
    it has a armrest in it with a cupholder.

u can tell hes owned a 3g. lol

does any one have a pic of the dash? my friends bro has a lude, but ive never seen it.
    -Brian
    -"lifes a bitch,i swear to god, you take your chances, too many questions and not enuogh answers!"-nappy roots

My Accord

Vehicle
    Here's a small pic of one I found on ebay. I will take a pic tonight so you can see the entire dash. I think the car needs a spoiler though. It doesn't have one, but it will have a stock looking one or one that's tasteful.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1987-Gen2 Honda Prelude-FF-2.0L-MPFI-4 Cyl-5 Spd-PWR-BLK
    Watch the oil pump on the ludes....trust me!

oh and when you redling the engines the burn a little oil so keep it topped up!

but yeah.......get an oil pressure guage. I have seen too many lude engines go because the oil pump failed on them!
    Drive fast and learn fast to drive slow....drive slow and learn slow....that you can drive fast!!!

Vehicle
    87 LX
    I can't believe she actually wants to buy me a sports car.
    That has to be the funniest thing I have heard this week. Good one man.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    kroy is that supposed to be sarcastic? B/c if it is I would just like to remind you that the 94 lude si is faster than the accord (it's hard to say that, but it is.) And it has way more parts availible for it. And its faster than most integras. So I think that's pretty good IMO. I will modify the hell out of it and then get a turbo kit for it. I just hope insurance doesn't kill me. And I said a sports car b/c that's what the insurance company will consider it so I guess if I have to pay for a "sports car" then that's what I'l gonna call it.

Vehicle
    87 LX
    kroy is that supposed to be sarcastic? B/c if it is I would just like to remind you that the 94 lude si is faster than the accord (it's hard to say that, but it is.) And it has way more parts availible for it. And its faster than most integras. So I think that's pretty good IMO. I will modify the hell out of it and then get a turbo kit for it. I just hope insurance doesn't kill me. And I said a sports car b/c that's what the insurance company will consider it so I guess if I have to pay for a "sports car" then that's what I'l gonna call it.
    No it really is the funiest thing I have heard in a while. A stock lude is a decent car, but by no means a sports car. Try driving something a lot faster and handles a lot better and you will know what I mean.

Ok why whenever I say something that someone disagrees with the comeback is alwways "its faster than your Accord". To me that is a pretty immature and off topic comment. I did not buy the Accord for speed and in no way have I ever claimed it was fast. Geesh, thats what I baught my project car for.

Still that looks like a good find. Preludes are fun cars. The only two things I don't like is they are heavy and the dash is ugly.
    Last edited by k-roy; 01-23-2004 at 12:09 PM.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    I'm sorry but maybe people argue with you b/c you seem to take things out of context. I didn't say that the prelude was faster than "your" accord. I said it was faster than the accord meaning MY accord. And I have driven sports cars before, but since I don't own them I'm not going to brag about them. I know the prelude isn't the fastest car, but I thought I did a pretty good explaination of why I called it a sports car. I'm not mad I'm wondering why you called me immature. B/c your reasoning was way off.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    Quote Originally Posted by A20A3
    I personally love the dash setup on those Prelude's. Good luck with it man.
    u aint the only one! i like it too!

sounds like a good deal mike!!

Vehicle
    Alright my g/f didn't drive it but I let her do the shifting while I drove it and she likes it. So my mom is going to offer him $3500 tomorrow and take out a loan for the car and I will just have to pay a little bit of money per month. My g/f is being kinda pissy about me modifing anything on it though. I told her if I make the payments it's MY CAR! I told her if you want to make some payments 1/2 then I will just do some minor mods to it that will be like headlights, corners, tails, and some engine dress-up. She's like its fast enough if you put more performance stuff on it you know that you'll be racing and get into trouble. (true... but I still want to do it)

Vehicle
    87 LX
    Sorry Mike, I didn't pay too close of attention to your post.
    But still if your insurance considers it a "sports car" get a new insurance company. they are rtying to rip you off.

Good luck, I hope you get it.
    ------------------

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    I had a 93.They are nice cars really tight and solid.I bought mine already moded it was nice thow.It ran a 14.8 with minor mods.
    Stop bench racing and pick up a wrench

I know my spelling sucks and I suck with computers deal with it.

Vehicle
    89' LX-i coupe, 09 Mazda 3I
    Quote Originally Posted by kroy
    Sorry Mike, I didn't pay too close of attention to your post.
    But still if your insurance considers it a "sports car" get a new insurance company. they are rtying to rip you off.

Good luck, I hope you get it.
    ya...lol...I had a 89' Dodge Daytona that was my dads NEW....he had it for 6 years and then it was mine...When I went to get my insurance..Thay tryed to say it was a sports car..My dad sed WTF..He had for 6 years and had it has just a Coupe..That was funny...insurance suck ..... now I just dont have any..Its no fun tho

O ya...Nice car..I drove a fuw..quick little fukers..But dont remember anything about the dash

Vehicle
    Do you guys recommend any insurance companies? Yeah my mom told me that I would only have to pay half (after I'm done with school though). And I would just have to pay the insurance or some of it.