Thread: anyone with 15's

Vehicle
    87 3G RIP, 95 KA7, 95 5G Coupe

anyone with 15's

man I'm wondering if anyone has or has seen someone with a pair of 15's in the trunk. I'm tired of these 12's and you know what the next step will be.
    So does anyone know if 2 dawgs can fit in the trunk of a 3G with a moderately sized box?

Vehicle
    2005 Civic LX Coupe
    Two 15's would be a tight fit, but they would work.

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    ya... i'm putting in 3 cerwin vega strokers... lots of wattage... 3,600 watts rms between the 3 of them...

can we say BOOM-BOOM???

Derick

Vehicle
    3 strokers ? 15's?
    are you CRAZY????

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    :super:

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

Re: anyone with 15's

Originally posted by jigga225
    man I'm wondering if anyone has or has seen someone with a pair of 15's in the trunk. I'm tired of these 12's and you know what the next step will be.
    So does anyone know if 2 dawgs can fit in the trunk of a 3G with a moderately sized box?
    bigger doesnt meen better, its all in the install..

Vehicle

install.

dont get the wrong picture man... I know the install matters the most. THe vented box I built is very nice, and I took no shortcuts. I was just wonderin about some 15's

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    ya... the entire install has a lot to do with the sound... you can make 8s sound like 15s, an aiwa sound like a nakamichi, 1000 watts sound like ten... and so on...

it just depends on well... everything... just gotta know what's good, and get it when it's cheap(like waiting for sales and shit)

Derick

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

i wouldnt get 15's if i were you, because theres not enough space in the trunk to make a good loud box, heres a pair of 12's i had in my trunk, it was 5.5cuft with 75sqin of port tuned to 38hz, it was just about the biggest 'box' i was able to fit in the trunk and able to take in and out....and it was VERY loud with my memphis 1000d, made your ears hurt right when i turned it on

3 strokers hell yeah !!!!!!
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    well, i'm gonna go with a sealed box, that cuts down a bit on size, and i'm goin to build the box to match the contours of the car so i can get every bit of space in as possible and still be able to have a hydrolic compressor in the back somewhere... obviously i'll have to mount amps and the such somewhere, too... but one difference is i'm gonna have my subs facing the cabin...

remember a while back i was working on the bucket seats so i could put them in the back? well, that's part of the reason... two of the subs will be directly behind the seats, and the other will be up on the deck... well, where the deck was...

ya, all this seems craxy, but what the fuck... gotta prove it somehow

Derick

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

sealed.....uhh your making a mistake there, strokers will suck in a sealed box, trust me

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    if i have to port the box, i will have to port towards the rear...

i personally i like sealed boxes... easier to build and shit... and to me, the sound is better... but each sub performs differently in each kind of box, so we'll see

Derick
    Last edited by Vanilla Sky; 07-12-2002 at 09:32 PM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta
    doesnt matter if you like the box, strokers dont :lol , when you port strokers you unleash tha beast :super:

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    but each sub performs differently in each kind of box, so we'll see
    lol... i did go and look at the stroker's box parameters, and it doesn't reccomend a sealed box...

what about just making a wall and porting the trunk??? sounds like it could work if i found space to put that much port on the front of my wall...

i may find something else to use if it becomes a problem... i'm also looking at infinity kappa perfects, PG titaniums, and kicker solo-baric L7's...

right now, the strokers seem the most appealing, that's why i said strokers and not any of the others, but now that i have loked a bit deeper into the strokers, i may change...

Derick

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

id recommend just using 2 strokers, and building the wall from the trunk all the way to the seats

LX User
    Vehicle
    89 SEI Honda Accord
    Attending college in SC but actually from the U.S. Virgin Islands
    I've got 2 tens and a 15 that I have installed where the spare tire is supposed to be; my entire car vibrates.
    Canman. Reppin for the VI till the day I die.