Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the 2nd gen Accord have the same engine mount setup as the 3G?

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 LX-i hatchback (for sale!) / 1992 LX sedan / 2009 Fit (the beater) / 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Does the 2nd gen Accord have the same engine mount setup as the 3G?

I was thinking... an LS/VTEC swap into a 2G with mounts made for a 3G would be awesome.

I've been pretty frustrated with the 3G lately (no time or money to do what is needed). I came close to selling it and going DSM, but I think I might tough it out and see what I can do. My Accord loyalty is strong!

Having a 2G with a wicked swap would be pretty fun as well. I figure (since there are no 2G boards that I know of) someone here might know.

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    i'm pretty sure the mounts are the same, someone verify?
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

Vehicle
    03 Accord V6, 98 and 99 Odyssey, 99 Blazer
    I can't verify it cause I'm not sure, but I'd have to say yes and that this really belongs in general or technical.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 LX-i hatchback (for sale!) / 1992 LX sedan / 2009 Fit (the beater) / 2006 Cadillac CTS-V
    Yeah, I wasn't sure, since it's not REALLY a 3geez question. I'm a mod on CB7tuner, and I always prefer to see non-CB7 questions in OT (or the "ther automotive" section)

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    i think they are the same i remember someone swaped a a20 into a 2nd gen

and yea a 2g sleeper is sexay

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    i believe the bt motor is a version of the first a20a3, (86-87 lxi's/sei's). sooo i'm not sure bout mounts, but a lsvtec 2g would me amazing.

and omg who's that guy with the gsr motor in his 3g? lives in cali? amazing huh
    3geez for life.

LX User
    Vehicle
    The motor in the 86-87 was a BT (I know, I have one ) So HOPEFULLY the BT from the 3G would fit... The fact that the Prelude A20A doesn't fit in the 3G scares me. It shows that just because the code is the same, it won't always fit.

The B swap mount kit for the 3G is like $500, right?

I could easily find a GSR head for like $400, and an LS block for what, $300? Maybe more, I dunno. But with smart shopping, I think I could get the whole thing done for $1500 or so. Turbo for maybe $2000 (taking custom parts into consideration)... so, that's a $5000 turbo 2G that would kick ass!

There are a few people with B series swaps here, aren't there? I considered the B18C5 (ITR) but it would give the same issues as the H22 when it came to boost... and I hate the fact that my H22 would take so much to boost!

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    uhhh wait a minute, i got my facts all mixed up. i thought the 86 was a bt and the 87 is the a20a3 with the same specs as the bt. then came the other version of the a20a3. either case, the gen2 didn't have a bt. iono. man i'm lost.

but insane tho, imagine a 2g with turbo lsvtec, you might have to put make up on the motor if you want boost on the real, stock would be able to handle 6-8 psi's. but man just the lsvtec alone in a 2g would be groovie to the MAX!
    Last edited by 88accordhb; 11-24-2004 at 09:52 PM.
    3geez for life.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Very true. I know a guy who's a whiz with the LS/VTEC. Hopefully he'll help me!

Still, the swap alone would be sweet.

I'm talking to a guy that says he knows someone with that swap done (and I wanted to be original!)... I guess it's possible, if he knows what he's talking about!

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

SEi User
    Goodluck on finding mounts for a b series. PR.com dosnt make them anymore from what i hear

LX User
    Vehicle
    Really? Damn! Were they the only ones?

Man, first Sean stops making his stuff for the A20A, and now I can't get B series mounts!

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

LX User
    Vehicle
    ardperformance.com
    Enjo Bolt In Motor Mounts (Kit for 86-89 Accord) B16A/B17A/B18A Conversion $639.95

The most expensive mounts on the site! Bleh... but they're there.

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)
    do they have the mounts in stock? if so, that's good. but still, you're still screwed on custom shift linkage, wiring harness, and axles. so, still too much trouble to face.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    dude i think we're on our own on the mounts now, everyone (mounts, headers, etc) bailed on us.
    3geez for life.

LX User
    Vehicle
    I'll have to research... If the engine is essentially the same (it's an E series, by the way... ET2 and ET3) then maybe the shift linkage is the same too... If everything is similar to the 3G, then the swap should be close to the B swap in the 3G.

And, according to that site, Enjo makes mounts for the 3G still. Expensive, but they're there! (I hope)

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    For the ten millionth time, Enjo never made a mount kit for us. Place Racing was the only one. They are out of business. Therefore, no mount kit is available. The mounts that they were selling on that site were Place Racing mounts. Unless they're sitting in a warehouse somewhere, you aren't getting them.

Edit - here's the exact item copied from that site. "Bolt In Motor Mounts (Kit for 86-89 Accord) B16A/B17A/B18A Conversion" No where in that whole statement does the word Enjo show up.
    Last edited by SteveDX89; 11-25-2004 at 07:39 PM.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Wow...
    I can't understand how I could've made that mistake! You know... since the page has Enjo graphics, and 90% of the mounts on there say that they are Enjo mounts.

Still, regardless of how much of a jerk you're being in that last post, it seems that you're right. Still, they may have them in stock. Just because Place Racing is out of business doesn't mean that some of their products might not still be availible!

I emailed the site to see if they have any in stock, and if they are indeed Place Racing. Rather than get all high and mighty, let's just get some real answers!

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    I'm only a jerk when the same thing has been posted 10 times.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Well, the thread is about putting a B series into a 2G. The conversation progressed into mounts... It's not like I specifically asked about the availibility of B series mounts for the 3G. I just happened to learn here that they are no longer made!

Believe it or not, as soon as someone said the mounts weren't made, I SEARCHED on this site for info to back it up. Read the posts in context and you'll see that nothing is being asked for the millionth time.

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    Quote Originally Posted by deevergote
    The B swap mount kit for the 3G is like $500, right?
    First mention of B swap mount kit in the entire thread. Also the title of thread is about mounts.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. I'm just backing up my side on this matter.

LX User
    Vehicle
    Yeah, but it's asking about the mounts of a 2G as related to a 3G... not exactly something that has been covered before! The title of the thread refers to 2G mounts and the similarity or dissimilarity to the 3G mounts. The mention of the B swap kit was also related to the 2G. I took for granted that the aftermarket mounts were availible, and was asking if the 2G has the same setup (apparently, the 86 Accord ALSO had the E series engine in it... the 1.8L engine was an E, or at least one of them).

The thread is about the similarity of the 2G and 3G. The reason why I'm asking is because I want to try a B swap without too much custom work. The thread is not asking about B mounts specifically, or where to find them. That subject just worked its way into the thread.

Now, I don't want to turn this into a flame war... I've been on this board for a while now (reading, if not posting) and I've learned a good deal from things you've said. I respect you, and I'd rather not get into an argument with you over something stupid.

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Mike, you are always producing absolutely sick ideas.

A 2G would be the ultimate sleeper, but what's going on with your Hatch?

Glad to see you back here after awhile. Get at me on AIM sometime.
    -Harvey

LX User
    Vehicle
    Eh, I think I might stick it out with the hatch afterall... I mean, we had 1200 miles together, and that was something!

She needs a ton of work, but it really would be more interesting than a DSM. I think the 3G hatch is one of the best looking Hondas ever. Plus, the A20A engine really isn't appreciated as much as it should be! I just wish Sean didn't close shop at AccordCentral... He's pretty much the reason why I bought the car! Ah well...

Still, a 2G would be awesome... Not that I have the room, or the money. Hell, I've been planning the fate of my H22 for over 2 years now! I look deep into things well before I actually move on them (the 3G being an exception). Research is key... and half the fun!

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe
    Indeed it is. I'm very happy to hear that you're not getting rid of the 3G. When I get my Coupe on the road(more like will I still be alive )I'll come down and help you work on it. I wanna see that CB7 too!
    -Harvey

LX User
    Vehicle
    Definitely!
    I could use lots of help on the 3G, that's for sure. I have to replace the head... I'll keep the old block.

I also have some mount issues, I think... and tranny issues... and definitely some wheel stud issues...

Hit me on AIM if you're still on. I'll be up for a little bit longer (early meet tomorrow, so I gotta go to bed soon)

Man, I'm whoring my own thread!

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com