Thread: Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i Hatchback

Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aight....i wanna change my gauges....but i dont know how to get to my OEM gauges to remove them...could someone PLEASE reply with detailed instructions for removal and wiring????

thnx

Vehicle
    89 Accord Sedan LX, 91 ED-7, 2007 Accord EXL
    this site should help u out dude. i just did mine last night. fukin thing took me 6 hours to remove, scan, design, print, replace, reinstall, and i'm still testing the speedometer! omg, that thing is hard to fine tune at 4 in the morning.
    1989 Accord: Back to Stock
    2007 Accord: Stock
    1991 Civic SI: bunch of stuff done.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    isn't there a how-to?

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    bah, nevermind, i couldn't find one

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Ex-i
    Its actually really easy to remove the cluster. Its probably harder to explain how to do it..... For me at least, but I will try.

Ok first you have to remove the controls for the Sunroof, power mirrors, and the headlight/interior dimmer/defoger. These are circled in the picture below. Be very carefull when taking these out, they should just pop out with a screwdriver but be very carefull. When you remove these you will also have to unhook the wireing harnest off of them. Now that they are removed you should see screwes behind each one. Unscrew those.

Next you have to undo the screws from the top of the cluster cover, as shown in the picture below. This is also very easy, just pop off the cover at the very top. It is easy to see and it should be easy to pop off. Still be carefull though. You will see 2 screws there now. Unscrew those and that should removed the top cover.

Now you should see a screw on each side of the cluster, unscrew those and your almost done. All there is left is wires.

Ok to unhook the wires may take some effort, I cant remember exactly where each one is, but they are just held on by wire harnests, so naturaly they just have the one clip thingy.

When all wires are unhooked there is one thing that needs to be unscrewed but you will see it once you get to that point.

There you have it, that should get you to remove the cluster. Now remember I'm detailing this only on my memory of doing it. I'm not liable for anything done to your car. The main thing is take your time and be carefull. DO NOT force anything it should all be fairly easy.
    Last edited by MiGeY; 08-11-2002 at 11:11 AM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i Hatchback
    aight...thanks everyone...I plan on doing this wednesday or friday
    www.geocities.com/geezpict/bumb

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi
    migey! how did you get that shift light? how do you wire those up??????? cause i wanna get one!
    1989 honda accord lx-i. APPEARANCE: 17" eagle alloy racing rims series 169. onsoku racing coilovers for a 90 accord, suicide trunk, green LED undercarraige kit (scans, strobes, beats to music, and solid), 1 20" green lava tube, 3 20" green neons, 2 9" mini green neons, 1 15" lightining rod, 1 10" green neon, neon green racing pedals, 2 green interior strobes, set of headlight strobes in trunk, 1 15" tourquoise in trunk, green LED windshield squirters, reverse indiglo gauges. PERFORMANCE: J-SPEC A18 ENGINE, stage 1 clutchmaster clutch, tenzo r muffler, 2 1/4" piping, custom cold air intake, with ractive filter. AUDIO: jvc kamelion cd player, jenson 6x9's, jenson 6 1/2's

**The 3rd Gen formally known as radioactiveaccord/weetoddedd**

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 4dr Lx-i
    I don't mean to answer the question for him, especially seeing as how I don't know how to hook them up, but Autometer sells those shift lights and the gauges (you'd be better off buying em from like Summitracing.com), its just a matter of placing em in a tight ass location like he did.

By the way, are those the cobalt series gauges? I can't decide wheter I want a Lunar or Cobalt Tach....
    3geez Member Since August 11, 2001 (since before the server swap in May 02)

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Ex-i
    Oops.

I guess I should have specified this before. Those pics are not mine. I cant remember whos they are but I took them from the "Floss your custom guages" topic. I dont have any pics of mine so I used some one elses to help with my explanation.

Sorry about that.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord Ex-i
    BTW do you guys think this should go in the How-to section?

I will probably add a little more detail if it is.

Vehicle
    Accord Aerodeck 2.0 EX 1986
    Hey! It's easy! You can download instructions for replace gauges from SHOP MANUAL! It's available for download on my page!
    But Migey post a full how-to, because replace gauges - real easy

Vehicle
    1988 RED Fiero GT, 1985 BLACK Fiero GT
    I bought an AutoMeter shift light IDENTICAL to that one, I was thinking about installing it flush right next to the clock on the dash, I was also gonna replace that clock with a nice Radar detector, everything must be flush!!!!! :flipa:
    Last edited by 2Fast_Fiero; 08-14-2002 at 12:15 AM.

Vehicle
    2005 Mazda 3
    u edit yours so i edit mine

btw that'll look sweet! keep all us posted
    Last edited by pimp86LX; 08-14-2002 at 12:17 AM.

Vehicle
    Yes, thank you, I have had a long ass day of cleaning my car, and it is 2:15 AM, I'm Tired!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 4dr Lx-i
    I agree w/ you MSI about EVERYTHING being flush, nothing but custom all the way.
    3geez Member Since August 11, 2001 (since before the server swap in May 02)

Vehicle
    Hell Yea, I will. ROFLMAO, My brother works with these two guys that one has a Wimpy 3000GT SL and a guy that has a Corbra SVT Mustang, and they think my plans for my accord are stupid. They think me puting my 3 Racing Guages on the passenger side of the dash flush is stupid, they wanted me to put them in a guage pod on the side of the door, When I talked to them myself they acted like pussies and said that it is gonna look tight lol, Suposed Racers as my brother calls them. They can't get past the fact that I have a '96 Honda Civic that will blow thier cars away! But yea, I'm about to upload pictures of my car how it is now, and In that one post I'll keep it updated with all the things I'm gonna do, It might be in here or in the pics area, I'll let you all know.