Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Center console & OEM Equalizer installed!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

Talking Center console & OEM Equalizer installed!

I don't think anybody else on here has this installed.. at least that i've seen.. hopefully I can have something original I like the look of the stock head unit and the OE EQ really compliments it, visually and aurally. I don't really like the way newer car stereos look and would rather keep the original in

I've actually had this EQ installed for a week or two now, but until the other day I was missing a knob on one of the sliders and i couldn't show it off when it was looking all ghetto. i ended up buying a whole nother eq just for a damn slider knob lol but it's cool cause I ended up using the other EQ cord to figure out a way to add a line in/out to the stock head unit!

a lot of people don't know how to use an equalizer correctly, but for those who do, like myself, they're pretty useful for tuning the sound. The EQ makes a big difference combined with just the stock HU.. i'm looking forward to seeing how it handles audio from cd sources. anways, on to the pix:

one thing that kinda bugs is i think there was two different color maroon interiors for the 3geez.. the marking on the inside of my console have only 86-87 marked while the piece that I pulled off had all 4 years marked. There is a lot more red in my interior compared to the console piece.. oh well luckily it's not very noticable when in the car.. it's much more obvious in the pix but i'd like to find the proper color piece someday.. anybody wanna trade? hehe

Vehicle
    89 Lx-i
    your interior is quite clean, the slight color differences between the console and the dash parts isn't a big deal. it all looks good. too bad you can't have the cupholders and the equalizer.

dotdotdot or could you?!!?
    Chris

click the car to see my picture archives

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    ^^^ lol i dont think you could... well actually you probably could in the compartment below the cupholders... But I'd way rather invest in a newer ecu.

Looks good though... And mr eff is right, the difference between the interior colours isnt a big deal./

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    how's the radio stations?
    3geez for life.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Talking

Ooooh so fresh and so clean...man that is some nice OEM work there.

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

Vehicle
    89 Lx-i
    you wouldn't have to worry about someone jacking your deck if you came to oakland... heh

do you have a CD player hooked up to it? in the glovebox or rear changer or something?
    Chris

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    yeah the color difference isn't a big deal, though i'd love to have it match perfectly

and yeah i don't think i can have the cup holders installed but oh well I use my eq way more often than I would use any cupholders

a few more pix

hehe CT you like 92.9? i like it when they play oldskool freestyle on there

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by mr eff
    you wouldn't have to worry about someone jacking your deck if you came to oakland... heh

do you have a CD player hooked up to it? in the glovebox or rear changer or something?
    Im in the process of building a line in/out for the stock HU but i need a 8 pin DIN socket to plug the EQ into which i couldnt find this sunday.. hopefully tomorrow more electronic component stores will be open. once the line in is set up i'll be able to just plug in any consumer electronics portable audio device. I just ordered a cd mp3 player off ebay so thats what i'll be using to for cd/mp3. i'm also planning on filling in that lower cassette holder section with some more audio controls and led VUs to basically create my own HU which will match the interior and run to the amp i'll eventually get
    Last edited by frantik; 07-10-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Vehicle
    89 Lx-i
    it's all about KALX .. 90.7

i don't think you guys get that down in san jose though, it's berkeley radio
    Chris

Vehicle
    93 civic
    I use my cupholders more often than I do with that equalizer. I love the little storage compartment under the cupholder too. I store Honda mints, and gum in there.

Definitely looks good though. Does it work with an aftermarket deck?

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar
    i don't have room for the eq hehe i put in the armrest . when i got that armrest the car was smashed in on both sides had to break a window and hang upsidedown with a hacksaw cutting the seat brackets in order to free it. took about 6 hours. i needed the jaws of life is what i needed. . drank a lot of gatorade that day typicl 100 degree georgia day. skeeters and all. but i wanted that dam armrest. now i can put my honda mints in it. i just put in fixed eqs i'm not going to say where but i set them all up beforhand i had found a nice clarion unit beforehand that matches the honda dash very well isn't the factory unit made by clarion? mine has the round volume knob and it looks very old school
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 07-10-2005 at 11:49 PM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted_Blue
    I use my cupholders more often than I do with that equalizer. I love the little storage compartment under the cupholder too. I store Honda mints, and gum in there.

Definitely looks good though. Does it work with an aftermarket deck?
    yeah im a freak i'll mess with the eq whenever i feel the sound could be improved, which is pretty often. (like every track lol) i produce music so it's fun for me to play with the eq

as far as working with an aftermarket deck, it'll probably work with them depending on how the deck is set up, though it'll still require a custom adaptor i'm sure

yo lostforawhile got a pic of that clarion hu?

thank for the kind words folks
    Last edited by frantik; 07-11-2005 at 12:57 AM.

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue
    that looks hot man

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik
    yeah im a freak i'll mess with the eq whenever i feel the sound could be improved, which is pretty often. (like every track lol) i produce music so it's fun for me to play with the eq

as far as working with an aftermarket deck, it'll probably work with them depending on how the deck is set up, though it'll still require a custom adaptor i'm sure

i'll try to get one tomorrow when it's light

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    That looks HOT!!!

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik

yea here don't say the knob is ghetto i'm making a new one now.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 07-13-2005 at 09:52 AM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    nice lost for a while.. but i dunno the big lcd is too new skool looking for me haha

im supposed to get my mp3 player today im stoked i hooked up my cd player to the in/out adapter i made and it sounds pretty nice compared to the cassette adapter..

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    tight old school interior!!! i can't wait to see pics of it once you get it finished out. do you have an armrest as well? that would finish out your interior so well. hmmm, is it possible to rig up a cupholder piece in the armrest? my friend's monte carlo has these flip down cupholders in his armrest. hmmmmm, i wonder............
    Nolan
    check my profile

I'm on AIM at Maxaccord3G

I AM THE STIG

LXi User
    yah for old skizzle!! That's pretty cool though! All these built-in EQ's are pOs. I do alot of music work myself and have gone to a bunch of intown places looking for an aftermarket EQ. I asked a lady at Best Buy and she asked me what an EQ was. I just laughed and walked away. Thumbs up for Best Buy Audio Employees!
    For Sale:
    T3/T4 Turbo, wastegate, and BOV
    P75 ECU
    Untouched Head

Port & Polished, 5-angle valve job, bowl and swirl job, Head -$1000 invested in machining alone

Misc.
    DDR Pad and DDR Extreme
    PS1
    NES
    Needed:
    Dremel
    Money

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by 89accord_lxi_coupe
    tight old school interior!!! i can't wait to see pics of it once you get it finished out. do you have an armrest as well? that would finish out your interior so well. hmmm, is it possible to rig up a cupholder piece in the armrest? my friend's monte carlo has these flip down cupholders in his armrest. hmmmmm, i wonder............
    yeah i wanna get an armrest though whenever i see them on ebay they go for a bit more than i wanna pay.. i need to check out the junkyards around here but ive been lazy

Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord DX
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    what the heck is an altimeter doing in there?!?! great idea.

lol, i just went to the airport the other day and filled my tank with Aviation Gas (100 octane low lead).
    www.stein-photo.com
    born to XLR8

LXi User
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    yea here don't say the knob is ghetto i'm making a new one now.
    What machine are you using for your new knob?
    For Sale:
    T3/T4 Turbo, wastegate, and BOV
    P75 ECU
    Untouched Head

Port & Polished, 5-angle valve job, bowl and swirl job, Head -$1000 invested in machining alone

Misc.
    DDR Pad and DDR Extreme
    PS1
    NES
    Needed:
    Dremel
    Money

Vehicle
    i work in an airplane factory they used to put avation stuff in hot rods in the 40's and 50's . there are several aviation items in my car.

Vehicle
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by w00tw00t111
    What machine are you using for your new knob?
    old P.O.S. lathe still makes good parts though. it's some asian name, they got it at work at some tool deal sale.

Vehicle
    Clarion wouldn't send me a freakin' knob, they said i wasn't a dealer. why does a dealer have to put on a plastic knob? i said the hell with it and made my own.