Thread: Go ahead and laugh but If I don't ask I wont know

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX Hatchback

Go ahead and laugh but If I don't ask I wont know

Would it be a waste of time and energy to install a rear sway bar before I lower the car? Can I put it on and when I am ready to lower it take it off, then lower it and then put it back on? I only ask because if it isn't going to make much of a difference I'll just wait to put it on.
    86 accord dx wrecked

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    It will improve the performance of your car illregardless if it's lowered or not. However you might find that it's easier to install with the rear struts out, while your installing your springs and struts. Just a thought.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    i did mine in about 40 minutes, including taking it off of the parts car... i ded rip the rear suspension of the parts car up, but it really don't matter since it was all seized up anyway... i took nothin off ot my car when i put it on, so it's not really hard to take on or put off, but i might require some elbow grease and a bit of swearing

Derick

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    You can do it anytime i did mine when it was up on ramps which was fine but the suspension tech rear sway bar has a new mounting bolt so i had to take the rear wheels off to do it. well i didnt want to risk scratching my rims but if its a stock LXI sway bar i dont think the timing will make a difference although you will need to pull of the wheels to put the bolt in the arm.....