Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camber kit ?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX

Camber kit ?

Is this the correct Camber kit i need for my car (1989 honda accord 2dr DX)? http://www.progressauto.com/products/camberkits.html

Hope that link works....please let me know if that is the one that i need....or if that one is not the one i need maybe this one is.... http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/ingalls.htm

Thanks for the help.

Peace.

SEi User
    yep, but if i were you id get some prelude arms from a junkyard real cheap instead of a high priced camber kit. unless you got money burnin a hole in your pocket..

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S

camber kit

I would go with the camber, you don't want something used.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

mike is right

hey man
    Gotta roll with Mike on that one, get the caster camber kit.
    Jay
    Night Rida

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    I could go either way. When replying to camber questions. I don't think I've ever mentioned the prelude arms. Maybe I'd be doing the members of this board a better service if I started to mention them as well, so if they are so inclined to save some money, at least I gave them that option. I really don't see how using the prelude parts could be considered a reliability risk, I mean what about them could wear out? How many stories have you heard about a car having a suspension part fail because of it's age, like a control arm? Bushing's yes, but a arm?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX
    So should I stick with the Progress camber kit? It seems like a nice one....anyone else have one? Thanks for all the help.
    Peace.

SEi User
    Originally posted by Jims 86LXI HB
    I could go either way. When replying to camber questions. I don't think I've ever mentioned the prelude arms. Maybe I'd be doing the members of this board a better service if I started to mention them as well, so if they are so inclined to save some money, at least I gave them that option. I really don't see how using the prelude parts could be considered a reliability risk, I mean what about them could wear out? How many stories have you heard about a car having a suspension part fail because of it's age, like a control arm? Bushing's yes, but a arm?
    exactly, you get the prelude arms and then go buy new balljoints for them...they will be perfectly fine. and it doesnt matter if the arms are used. there is no possible way for the arms to wear out. shit its a piece of steel.

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,
    Do you still need a camber kit for the rear?

Alex

Accord of the Year - 2006

I'd say go for the prelude arms. I bought a camber kit for the front and its kind of difficult to adjust. I think the one I have is ingalls. I replaces the center shaft of the arm letting it pivot in and out.

The prelude arms adjust the ball joint itself and is easier to get to whe getting alingned.

Thats just my opinon though. I've never seen how difficult it is to adjust camber using the prelude arms.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXi A/T
    guaynabo89,

do you do your own alignment???
    later !

SEi User
    Originally posted by guaynabo89
    Thats just my opinon though. I've never seen how difficult it is to adjust camber using the prelude arms.
    all you have to do is move the balljoint all the way to the end of them arm and youre set...it took me about 30mins to put the arms on...real easy

Accord of the Year - 2006

vtec11

I use to play with the camber on my car. I could bring my car back for alignments as many times as I wanted. The guy at the alignment place helped me pretty much also. Its kind of hard to squeese your hand through to adjust camber.

I had my wheels set at -1 degree of camber all around.

Vehicle
    1989 LX-i HB (sold), 1995 VW Jetta VR6
    I have an ingalls kit up front on my car with intrax springs. I can't get enough correction out of it though. Anyone else had this problem.

I would say my drop up front is ~ 2"

Vehicle
    2000 Civic
    fuck, i just went to les schwab and had them put one on... it wasnt too expensive... im getting the back done in a few weeks too... then its new shocks...

btw, what kind of shocks does anybody recommend, im thinking of tokico or kyb?

also, my car is dropped 2" front and rear

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    btw, what kind of shocks does anybody recommend, im thinking of tokico or kyb?
    Well the KYB's are valved as oem replacements, not for stiffer lowering springs. The tokico's should be a little bit stiffer and not that much more expensive, $235 at shox.com. If you can afford them, the koni's would be the best strut set-up, no bounce, nice and firm, for a price though, $424+free shipping from shox.com.
    I'm running the koni's btw. And soon I'll be testing re-valved Bilsteins.

Curious, what 2" drop spring are you running Akuma?

Vehicle
    2000 Civic
    i have the sprint springs...

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Ok, knowing that you have sprints. I can comment further on NOT going with the KYB GR-2's. Pimpingaccord has GR-2's and sprints. On the AF board he commented that he felt they rode terrible and that the Koni's were likely worth the money.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX, 2006 Honda Ridgeline RTL, Pontiac Sunfire Convertible, & 1979 Corvette
    GR-2's blow the cartridges too quickly on dropped cars on the front end. I blew my fronts with the quickness and wasted my money. No refunds from Tirerack.com either if you have this problem. I run Tokicos now without problems with a 3" drop. If Jim says that the Koni's are good, use em'. Don't waste your money like I did. Which Koni's do you run Jim?
    Last edited by accordlx; 05-20-2002 at 02:58 PM.

Vehicle
    2000 Civic
    good... i was planning on tokico's or koni's... now i know...

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord

Smile Prelude Arms

What year arms do you use for the camber adjusting? If anyone could answer this I would be very greatful. I am looking to save some money ( I have alot of work left on this car).
    1986 Accord automatic to Manual transmission,'89 front end,Pacesetter exhaust,silver gauges,rear disc conversion in the garage.Looking for an engine swap.

SEi User
    84-87 prelude, 2nd gen.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LXi A/T
    if you get the arms, who will put them them on ?

its kinda hard to do isn't it.
    later !

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by accordlx
    GR-2's blow the cartridges too quickly on dropped cars on the front end. I blew my fronts with the quickness and wasted my money. No refunds from Tirerack.com either if you have this problem. I run Tokicos now without problems with a 3" drop. If Jim says that the Koni's are good, use em'. Don't waste your money like I did. Which Koni's do you run Jim?
    Koni only makes their "special" strut for our cars and that's what I have. Since the sprints are stiffer than most of the other springs, I really cannot recommend any other strut than the Koni's. I wish we had cheaper options, but we don't. You can get tokico's but I don't think they much firmer than the KYB's. Certainly the tokico's would be a better choice they the GR-2's, but I openly question if they are enough.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord

Cool prelude arms

: I will put the arms on. I have done that type of work before.
    It can't be any harder than changing the engine and trans from automatic to 5 speed.

I don't think I will do the rear discs though. Does anybody know someone interested in a complete 89 SE-i rear suspension? It is from ball joint to ball joint all it needs are the brake cables and secondary hoses.
    1986 Accord automatic to Manual transmission,'89 front end,Pacesetter exhaust,silver gauges,rear disc conversion in the garage.Looking for an engine swap.

Vehicle
    2000 Civic

jim

What kind of price am I lookin at to get Koni's all the way around on the car. 88 Accord sedan.

thanks