Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its just not right

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

Its just not right

I was searching the VIS racing site & I came by an older Prelude kit. Its just not right. I wish the big companys make body kits, exterior parts, etc........ for our cars, but I guess ill just have to wait. I wonder if I could put this on my 89 LXi
    Last edited by 89AccordGSR; 05-06-2002 at 09:29 PM.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    one more, FX Desings
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    1986 Prelude 2.0si turbo - 1990 Integra moutain carver - 1993 Nissan 300ZXTT w/ more power than god
    Well, you could put them on, but it wouldn't look right. If I'm correct, the front bumper on the Prelude vs. 3rd gen Accord, the Accord bumper is wider, front to back.

Nice kits though....
    I am the wrath of the server you curse and the demon of the directory you cry about - making life hell for users, one deleted file at a time.

LX User
    Vehicle
    '86 Accord sedan
    That's a nice kit, but whoever did the colour-coding on the first pic must be blind...

Vehicle
    1996 Thunderbird
    It's done that way so you can see the different parts of the body kit.

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    DAMN... I would love to have that first kit... do you know for sure that it's wider??? what if the kit was bent a little to fit right....?

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

actually its that color because its either primered or is bare fiberglass/polyurethane

Vehicle
    I plan to measure my friends Prelude and my Accord & see how much of a difference there is.

LX User
    Vehicle
    91 Jetta

I Think its pretty stupid how they make boxy kits for our cars but on the prelude which looks even more boxier they have nice rounded kits, and its not 2 different companies doing it, i seen xenon doing that.

Vehicle
    Thats what im saying n88accordLXi. In my opinion Accords look a whole lot better than Preludes, but the major companies has yet to discover that because they have yet to see an 86-89 Accord all showed out yet. Yet being this keyword. I hope its someone before me, but if it is me that cause rage to break out on 3rd Gen Accord, you best believe that I will be very satisfied.

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 ACCORD LXI COUPE
    :super: HET GUYS WHAT UP I TOOK A PRELUDE KIT 89/AND MOLDED IT TO MY 89 ACCORD ITS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION THOUGH.I HAD TO SHAVE THE SIDE LIGHTS BUT ITS THE EXTREME SIDE SKIRTS AND REAR BUMPER AND SKYLINE FRONT END AND QUES PLEASE E MAIL

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord
    I think they're both way over styled boxes. I guess you could fit like 30 inch wheels in that second one with the size of that wheel well hehehehhe....

CoAsTeR

Vehicle
    1996 Thunderbird
    the 3rd gen accord is a box. live with it. a boxy body kit looks nice on a boxy car. a kit with a bunch of curves looks out of place on a boxy car.

2005 Toyota X-Runner
    1993 Thunderbird SC - 13 second car. 14 second driver.
    1996 Thunderbird LX
    Jersey Rice

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box
    8ate8 is a man of much wisdom...

take a ball, cut it in half, and try to put it on a box and it look right... see where i'm getting?

the companies DO, however, need to make more kits to suit our desires

i personally think the kits we have available look good, but there aren't enough to really make our car STAND OUT

Derick

Vehicle
    1996 Thunderbird
    8ate8 > Confucious

2005 Toyota X-Runner
    1993 Thunderbird SC - 13 second car. 14 second driver.
    1996 Thunderbird LX
    Jersey Rice

Vehicle
    Well kids our time has come. I just reiceved my e-mail back from VIS Racing, the company the did the kit for the first Prelude. They said that I would have to bring the car to their shop & they could custom do a body kit for the car. One problem, I dont live in California so that idea was thrown out the door. If anybody that lives in Ca wants a custom kit e-mail VIS Racing motorsports and let your mind run wild

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan
    Hey i live in California, how much would they charge for the body kit?

Vehicle
    I dont know, they just told me to swing by the shop. You can e-mail the dude & see how much theyll charge you. The e-mail address is [email protected]

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX
    I sent them a e-mail about the body kit. I'm waiting for the reply. I live in california, but not in LA. So I am gonna work it out to get my car down there, and take a vacation from work while they are doing it. Of course I will be dropping it off then coming back home in Sunnyvale. Hope they make a better body kit than all the other ones I've seen (except the one I have posted on my cardomain.com profile, that's #1 on my list now)

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord ex
    ''Well, you could put them on, but it wouldn't look right. If I'm correct, the front bumper on the Prelude vs. 3rd gen Accord, the Accord bumper is wider, front to back''

Would it be possible to get some flared sideskirts and mould them to the bumpers to give the car a wide body look?

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord ex
    That's a nice kit, but whoever did the colour-coding on the first pic must be blind...

Looks nice i think thats just the way the pic was taken makin it look like that.

Vehicle
    88 Yota/ 62 Nova/ 06 Yamaha R1
    yea we always get the shaft on parts.
    I'm your local R&D nut. Fabracting, welding, tuning and breaking my stuff so you don't have to.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX
    I still haven't gotten the reply back from these guys, how long did it take to get a reply from these guys???

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Magny
    I still haven't gotten the reply back from these guys, how long did it take to get a reply from these guys???
    I sent the original e-mail on Wednesday, December 25, 2002 2:59 PM
    They got back to me that Friday, December 27, 2002 5:04 PM

From what I have seen of their work (at least) on the net, they do autobody work too, they can do WBKs but you'll have to ask about pricing from them.

This is what he said:We would have to custom fit a kit onto your car. It will cost you $2000 and that price does not include paint. we will need your car for at least 3 weeks. thank you

Mike

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI - sold, 1996 TL - sold, now I have a 2003 Acura CL Type S
    Yep they just cut us off the chopping block. Since 9 years ago when I got my 3rd Gen, it was very hard to find stuff, and still is really.

Started with a 89 Accord LXI - 96 Acura TL - 2003 Acura CL Type S..

my other site, www.brandonlee.com!