Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coupes! Interior door lock switch capability?

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i w/ a sunroof :) / 1991 Toyota MR2 N/A T-top!!!

Coupes! Interior door lock switch capability?

Okay, so another thread due to my recent alarm purchase… but a slightly different topic. From what I understand no COUPE accords got power locks. But my alarm has the ability to power them, what good does this do me then? Seeing that I had 2 door lock actuators, and a DEI 451M… I installed them!!! Yay for me (and anybody that has this lazy-person feature )!
    Well great now you can lock & unlock your doors via remote! But you still have to reach over to unlock the passenger door (my alarm is set to lock the doors once the ignition is on, and unlock when off…). So here is my plan… maybe one of you guys can find a flaw in my plan.
    The alarm outputs a 250ma negative signal to lock or unlock the doors. Great! That means all I need is a simple ground switch to lock and unlock the doors. Seeing that my antenna is busted, and I have no intention of fixing it.. it’s momentary 2 way switch will work perfect (have yet to prove) for my lock & unlock switch.
    Here is a crappy MS Paint diagram to sort of show what I’m talking about doing…

So, what do you guys think? Is there any chance to damage anything here (what should be done to prevent any type of damage?)?
    -Jesús

heyzeus2003(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Accord of the Year - 2006

Re: Coupes! Interior door lock switch capability?

shoould work fine as long as you wire up the switch correctly. I used a switch to send ground pulses to the lock unlock inputs on my dei lock relay. so yes it works just fine

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

cool

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

i had power lokcs and a remote rear seat relese hooked up when i had my old system

also can i ask y u have to reach over to unlock the pas side did u not install a actuator there

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89
    shoould work fine as long as you wire up the switch correctly. I used a switch to send ground pulses to the lock unlock inputs on my dei lock relay. so yes it works just fine
    Awesome! But I’m wondering if the full on ground will affect my alarm? (doubtful, but I’m trying to be precatious).

Quote Originally Posted by civic accord honda
    cool
    Yes indeed, should get it working properly this weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    i had power lokcs and a remote rear seat relese hooked up when i had my old system

also can i ask y u have to reach over to unlock the pas side did u not install a actuator there
    Both doors have door lock actuators... both lock and unlock with the remote. By default, the alarm un-locks the doors when the car is turned off, and locks them when its turned on… since I don’t have factory door locks, there is no manual switch to lock and unlock the doors. The only way would be to reach for my remote.
    For example… I hop in, start the car (doors lock automatically)… and on the way I have to pick someone up (doors are still locked), I have to lean over and unlock the door (or press the unlock button on the remote). I guess in the end it’s all the same… but it’d be nice to have a manual “override” switch .
    -Jesús

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

or just disabeld the door lock thing thats what i did also the idea of the antena switch as a lock is a cool idea but really once i disabeld the dorrk lock thing i never worried about it plus theres no real reason to have your door s loked when driving

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    or just disabeld the door lock thing thats what i did also the idea of the antena switch as a lock is a cool idea but really once i disabeld the dorrk lock thing i never worried about it plus theres no real reason to have your door s loked when driving
    While the auto-lock feature actually is pretty useless, I still like the feature (makes it seem like I’m using my alarm to it’s fullest). Besides my wires are pretty much run for the switch, I just need to figure out how the 4-pin switch works… Shouldn’t be too difficult. Although if somehow I fail… I will disable the feature on the alarm.
    -Jesús

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

I put locks in my coupe as well, and i wired it up so similar to yours its not even funny. I even used the antenna switch to control the locks. The only differance between yours and mine, is that you have two slave actuators, and i have a master and a slave. This also explains why you have to unlock the pass. door manually. Because if you had a master (five wired acutor) it would sent the unlock signal to the passenger door and unlock it simotaneously.so, you might know this already, but there ya go.

a ground is a ground. if your alarm is looking for a ground pulse than where the ground comes from does not matter. as long as its only a momentary ground. like say only when you push the lock unuck button and does not stay constantly grounded you are good to go.

You can always make a custom one like this.

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

you just like showing off that factory-looking install, dont you

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by jschatte
    remember he has 25k into his car....so i would show it off....lol

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

a ground is a ground. if your alarm is looking for a ground pulse than where the ground comes from does not matter. as long as its only a momentary ground. like say only when you push the lock unuck button and does not stay constantly grounded you are good to go.
    You can always make a custom one like this.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/DSC00002.jpg
    That looks real nice! I wouldn’t have guessed it to be aftermarket. But then again I’ve never seen a stock locking system switches :p. Although, I’m not willing to go through all that trouble with my beater! Running just those 2 wires for the actuators through the door was a PITA…
    -Jesús

nah...
    just showing what can be done if you really want it.

Vehicle

I put locks in my coupe as well, and i wired it up so similar to yours its not even funny. I even used the antenna switch to control the locks. The only differance between yours and mine, is that you have two slave actuators, and i have a master and a slave. This also explains why you have to unlock the pass. door manually. Because if you had a master (five wired acutor) it would sent the unlock signal to the passenger door and unlock it simotaneously.so, you might know this already, but there ya go.
    I completely missed your post! Can you tell me how to wire a 5-wire actuator? I have another car to install actuators into (a 4door corolla... my mom's car), but I haven't bought the hardware for it. I've been reading on the 5 wire actuator, and it seems pretty nifty, will unlock the doors if you unlock the door manually (the one with the 5-wire actuator installed). But I can't find any wiring info for the 5-wire actuators.
    -Jesús

LX User
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt LT Coupe

well, mine came with the relay box thingy so i just matched the wires up to the pins. I think the relay thing has to be specific to a 5wire(master) actuator for it to work. So, if you only hav two of the two wire ones you would have to rewire everything except your pass. door

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

guaynabo89 did you make a how to on your setup? if not, can you

What?
    How to make the handle panel in the door or how to wire up a dei lock relay to the switch?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

What?
    How to make the handle panel in the door or how to wire up a dei lock relay to the switch?
    i dare you to slap him....wut a noob...his friend can afford like 17k in just a sound system....plus he should knoe...lol for a CAH comment

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Sorry I haven't read all the posts

I used the antennae switch to control the door locks in my sedan, the only problem was the way the switch internally connects the ground when you go up or down. I had to get the switch from an 84-85 that had an external connection and I cut it, it works fine... It was a long time ago, I am not sure anymore how the stock one is wired, I'd have to refer to the manual.

Most alarm lock outputs are around 200mA so you need either a relay or a sedan door lock control box (the relays are inside, I can shoot you a diagram on how to wire it)
    PM me if you are interested
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by POS carb
    Sorry I haven't read all the posts
    I used the antennae switch to control the door locks in my sedan, the only problem was the way the switch internally connects the ground when you go up or down. I had to get the switch from an 84-85 that had an external connection and I cut it, it works fine... It was a long time ago, I am not sure anymore how the stock one is wired, I'd have to refer to the manual.
    hmmm, that might explain why my idea didn't work when i finally gave it a wirl. The switch worked like a charm for me though... except it would not allow me to lock and unlock the doors through the remote.
    -Jesús

yeah I remember I was pissed b/c I couldn't figure it out, either the switch would work or the alarm would work, but not both. It had to do with the switching in the stock switch, I was not able to get a point to hook up the ground that would work both up and down, it would short out internally somehow (this was long ago, I am a little fuzzy on why) but I do remember thinking if I could break the internal bridge/jumper it would work. Well my switch exploded to 50 pieces when I opened it and then at the junkyard I ran accross the 84-85 switch which had this jumper wire on the outide of the unit, I snipped one (not both) of the wires and then the alarm and switch would control the locks at the same time.
    I am sorry I cannot explain it better to you right now but I am positive that I was unable to make it work with the 86-89 antennae switch or the 84-85 in stock form, and I consider myself pretty good with the multimeter.
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

DX User

I'm just curious if any other honda 2 door models share the same lock mechanism as the 2 door Si? It annoys me to feel the "motor movement" of 3rd party power lock actuators and would rather use something "original".

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Is that door handle switch custom?

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

^ do you mean the one that says " You can always make a custom one like this. " right above it?

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Quote Originally Posted by frantik
    ^ do you mean the one that says " You can always make a custom one like this. " right above it?

Well, it sures looks OEM

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742