Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AlMost

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

Lightbulb AlMost

LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

Re: AlMost

Vehicle

LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle

god dam i just busted a nut!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseburger

Vehicle

when are u going to get it done tommy?

Vehicle

when are u going to get it done tommy?
    In Febuary

Vehicle

sex! how much are u going to spend and what are u looking to get in gains? hp/tq?

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by TWOLOUDNPROUD
    In Febuary
    Work faster!

jk, nice looking turbo. Can't wait to see it finished
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

Vehicle

sex! how much are u going to spend and what are u looking to get in gains? hp/tq?
    For how much money I DON'T WANT TO KNOW for hp & tq i wont know tell i take it to have it dyno

Vehicle

well what would u like!

Vehicle
    84 Accord LX Sedan

god dam i just busted a nut!
    at least twice...

- The Rockcord (AKA CJ)
    84 Light blue LX sedan 265000
    88 Accord LXi Sedan w/ A18 swap to EFI 288xxx

BT mafia All the way
    (or Prelude power)

Vehicle

everytime i see the pics!

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

man that soem sexy b20a turboige cant wai tto see it are u going to the meet or are we gona have to bring a meet to u

Vehicle

well what would u like!
    200 to 240 Hp & 160 to180 Tq and to stop thinking on how much money putting in to it

Vehicle

it will pay of at the end though! good luck with the build!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

why did you paint it white? lmao match the car huh?

is that the manifold that adam sold ya? did you get it ceramic coated? kinda looks like jet hot stuff....it looks freaking awesome ill tell you that. and is that one of your millions of b20 heads? lmao

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by mkymonkey
    why did you paint it white? lmao match the car huh?
    is that the manifold that adam sold ya? did you get it ceramic coated? kinda looks like jet hot stuff....it looks freaking awesome ill tell you that. and is that one of your millions of b20 heads? lmao
    Yes i did paint it to mach the accord and the head off the b20a i got from adam and the manifold i got from Rob.

SEi User

Judging by the size of that Turbo i'd say you'd easily hit 280-300bhp and with a shed load of torque between 230-280lbft. I hope you have your box built with new internals and a B16 LSD fitted along with a Clutchnet clutch your going to need it when that bad boy gets going!!!

P.S. if the heads coming off do some work to it will help rev quicker and higher as well as being more efficient won't need as much boost to hit numbers you want etc. Don't have to get fancy just clean it up, match it up, and have some good seats cust and nice valve profiles.
    And i hope your having some forged pistons and aftermarket rods that engine is going to need it if it is to survive!!!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

Just a heads up......That turbo looks like it might hit the front mount. I had modified my old front mount to accomodate my T3 Super 60.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    Just a heads up......That turbo looks like it might hit the front mount. I had modified my old front mount to accomodate my T3 Super 60.
    kool thanks for the heads up i just put my other B20a on the engine stand today so i go and test fit on tuesday and see and i will take more pics guys and post before it go's to the muffler shop to have the down pipe and waste gate pipe done an i take more after it done.

Vehicle

Just a word of advise is to avoid boost spikes and be sure you get it proffesionally tuned. Tuning is key unfortunately my downfalls were machine quality related and mistakes i made along the way but i have learned a lot so i am greatful in that aspect. Feel free to ask questions cause iv learned the hard way granted the majority was not my fault but i do know boost is not very forgiving and you have to respect that.

I actually almost gave up on my B20A but not that i think i have a pretty good handle on the turbo world im gonna attempt to build a solid 300-350 hp b20a and leave it be if all works out. I realize that there are many other higher reving/stronger motors out there better for boost but i want to be original so this is the route im taking. Wish you the best of luck!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    Just a word of advise is to avoid boost spikes and be sure you get it proffesionally tuned. Tuning is key unfortunately my downfalls were machine quality related and mistakes i made along the way but i have learned a lot so i am greatful in that aspect. Feel free to ask questions cause iv learned the hard way granted the majority was not my fault but i do know boost is not very forgiving and you have to respect that.
    I actually almost gave up on my B20A but not that i think i have a pretty good handle on the turbo world im gonna attempt to build a solid 300-350 hp b20a and leave it be if all works out. I realize that there are many other higher reving/stronger motors out there better for boost but i want to be original so this is the route im taking. Wish you the best of luck!
    Right now i am putting the turbo on the B20a i have in my Accord i am only doing 8psi on it after i get that going then i will start the build on adam old B20a i want to do 15-20psi on that one when it done.
    Last edited by TWOLOUDNPROUD; 01-03-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Vehicle

I had mine setup on a boost solenoid 10psi normal then at the flick of a switch it went to 17psi. The only thing i ever thought would be a problem was the stock OEM headgasket but it held up for me with my ARP head studs and i had boost spikes into the mid to upper 20's when my solenoid failed. I definately recomend the ARP head studs if you plan to boost that high i posted the part numbers here somewhere i think they were B18A and VW VR6 ones for the middle 2 but one has to be cut down.

with your solenoid rob, im planning on using the turbo boost controller for that function. Im not very familiar with the specs of the super 60 aside from the priases. Im wondering what you thought of drivability at both settings and handling in the same respects. Im installing my B16 lsd this weekend so I was wondering if there are any other parts than just the diff bearings in there Ill need before I split the case open. After that itll be time for an install pending wiring and such.

Tommy, Im sure rob told you he had clearance issue with the topmount wastegate with the hood also? Just a heads up in case you run into issues. Good luck. Im installing mine on the nice looking b20a stock internals and biulding an extra for when(if) it pops. Well see.