Thread: Obd1

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s

Obd1

So i'm thinking that since I have every thing apart on my car, and I diden't install the B20 yet, should I do the obd1 conversion? I would rather do it now then later. I know some of you have comleted it any tips suggestions?

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

Re: Obd1

no tips and tricks for it from me. but i say go for it. like you said, everything is already out, could make things a bit easier. however, on the flip side, if you put it in first, you can make sure it's running tip-top first so you don't have to try to figure out if it's the engine or the obd-1 conversion if something isn't running right. however, unless you got the original ecu and stuff, you have to hack up the wiring and ecu combo anyway so you might as well go obd-1. go for it! :)

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

Go with OBD1 from the beginning and you will save yourself a lot of trouble. You'll end up converting sooner or later.

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

I got my ODB-0 to ODB-1 here http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=convharness then i switched like five wires to make work on my accord then i made a whole new engine harness for my b20a so when i put it in it all plug and play.thegreatdane did you hook up the knock sensor on your PO6 Ecu?
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

Nope I'm not using any knock sensor, I have doubts about their effectivity..

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by TWOLOUDNPROUD
    I got my ODB-0 to ODB-1 here http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=convharness then i switched like five wires to make work on my accord then i made a whole new engine harness for my b20a so when i put it in it all plug and play.thegreatdane did you hook up the knock sensor on your PO6 Ecu?
    Which one did you get? the Integra one? and can you show me what wires had to be changed, or what you did to make it plug and play?

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by EX-ileAccord
    Which one did you get? the Integra one? and can you show me what wires had to be changed, or what you did to make it plug and play?
    This one

Convert your 1988-1991 civic/crx and 1990-1991 Integra to run any manual OBD1 1992-1995 ecu. Requirements: All civic/crx models must either be a SI or HF or a MPFI(Multi Point Fuel Injection) converted car. DX and Standard models that are DPFI (Dual Point Fuel Injection) must be converted to MPFI for this conversion to work properly. This conversion is primarily made for a 5 speed chassis. You will need an OBD1 ecu, distributor and a 4 wire O2 sensor.

All Harnesses come with detailed instructions for an easy installation. Also included with the harness is a quick disconnect connector that will allow you to feed the sensor wires through the firewall easily. All sensor wires are color coordinated for an easy installation.
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle

Sweet. I just won a b16 intake manifold on ebay for 30 bux :D and got a lead on a b18 distributer, now to peice it all toghther