Thread: 215/45/17's??

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project

215/45/17's??

i just bought some wheels and tires from a friend for 1000 canadian dollars. they were on his 240 SX. i put them on my car and they went from lock to lock. the problem is that i cannot drive my car for it is not registered yet (long story) with these wheels will anything happen, i know i will have less acceleration and more top speed, (these are about 4 inches taller than 185/70 13's that i had)but will rubbing be a problem? and can i still lower the car?? thanx
    Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    someone was just on here asking the same exact question......you will probably have to roll back the inner fender lip. Check the other post for all the details.
    -Aaron-
    "I play russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, with a bullet called life"

Vehicle
    1991 H23 powered Accord EX Wagon , Turbo 91 Honda CRX, and 96 Blazer LT
    yah check the post "do these fit" below. i have a how-to explaining how to roll back the fender. i have the same size tires. there will be rubbing in the rear.

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    215's may be too wide
    - Joe

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    nah my 18's are 215....they are just about perfect.
    -Aaron-

Vehicle
    whoa, 215!! i didnt see that. i thought it was 205. yah 215 may be a little to much.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp
    nah my 18's are 215....they are just about perfect.
    No no no, don't let the fact that they have the same 215mm width fool you. They are NOT the same height! The 45 Series 17's are taller then your 35 series 18's and that puts them in greater danger of rubbing on the fender lip since they would be closer to it because of their greater height.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    well that is why I said in the begging he would have to roll the fender lip back
    -Aaron-

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
    well that is why I said in the begging he would have to roll the fender lip back
    Well yeah you did mention it, but then you give your glowing approval that they will fit, without taking into accout that his tire's are taller than your's. As always with this kind of post I HOPE I am WRONG! and he has no problems. But the fact is the extra height of his tire may place a wider part of the tire at the fender lip where even rolling them won't save him. But he allready has the tires so it's not like I can say no don't get them, I just think it's highly possible they will rub, given the width and overall height. But I really do hope it works out for him.

Vehicle
    88 Accord LX-i 5 spd.
    well IF they do rub, it's your fault for not saying anything! :p
    -Aaron-

Vehicle
    he could just cut his fenders out completely

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    well IF they do rub, it's your fault for not saying anything!
    Well if that happens he could send them to the "improve my wifes 4th gen fund" Now excepting donations

Vehicle

guys

these tires are only 1 ich taller and 1 inch wider than the stockers!!! (accordin to BF goodrich!) so they shall be ok dont ya think? there is a lot of room but when i lower it, i may have to do sumthin!

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    Bob has 215/45/17's on his car and it rubs really bad on bumps. He has never lowered it because it isn't possible with those tires. You would need a rim with an extremely high offset to make those fit in the wheelwell without rubbing. Your only option is to either roll the fender and hope for the best or get new tires.

Vehicle
    i had them on and they were ok... dont worry guys... i also had to roll the fender... when i get it painted ill get big fenders put in

Travis