Thread: Loose shifter.

LX User

Loose shifter.

Shifter wiggles around, and I can lift it up and down. Goes into 1-4 no problem, and I can go into 5th, but it's a loooong throw over there.

Which bushings am I looking at changing in the shift mechanism?

I've got the ES 16.1101R kit on the way already.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: Loose shifter.

i think those are the only ones you have to change

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi efi

check the bushing on ur torque rod

LX User

Will do.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah the shifter bushings help alot...i also installed a short shifter with a skunk2 knob and its sweet.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX hatchback

I've got a question. I put on a short shifter awhile back but I didn't buy the poly bushings when I did the install. Where can I get those from?
    Lostforawhile:we have to pick on him he's CAH he spray painted himself into this corner with the accord.

LX User

Anywhere. Energy Suspension P/N 16.1101R for red

LX User

ES bushings on the way, and ordering #16 and #17 in the diagram (2 of each) tomorrow.

Went ahead and adjusted the valves today and WOW what a difference! .006" intake and .010" exhaust.

Fresh oil in her, flushed the cooling system (3 times) and have fresh antifreeze in there.

New 180 thermostat and seal. About to replace the broken passenger side coil spring/strut assembly, and the beat-up passenger side fender (just got back from the u-pull-it)

Next week will hopefully be a new door (this one is banged up) and some fiberglassing on the body (car is from NJ, and has the obligatory rust holes) then I'll start prepping for the Rustoleum paint special

LX User

Did some carb tuning on it today. swapped the 65 primary idle for a 70, and did some work on it. Found out that adapter had 1 bolt come loose Tightened that up, tuned some more, and now have a nice 750rpm idle - turn A/C on, and it idles at 550rpm.

Going back to the u-pull-it this weekend for the other 3 strut/spring combos, since the 1 I put in to replace the broken springs, is actually in damn decent condition!

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Quote Originally Posted by Doward View Post
    ES bushings on the way, and ordering #16 and #17 in the diagram (2 of each) tomorrow.

Went ahead and adjusted the valves today and WOW what a difference! .006" intake and .010" exhaust.

Fresh oil in her, flushed the cooling system (3 times) and have fresh antifreeze in there.

New 180 thermostat and seal. About to replace the broken passenger side coil spring/strut assembly, and the beat-up passenger side fender (just got back from the u-pull-it)

Next week will hopefully be a new door (this one is banged up) and some fiberglassing on the body (car is from NJ, and has the obligatory rust holes) then I'll start prepping for the Rustoleum paint special
    Which diagram are you talking about? lol. I checked ES website, and they dont even list our cars... pics would be great, or link to where we can pick them up online.

EDIT: Found them online... same part number as the 90-93 integras and 84-87 civic shifter bushing kit as well.
    Last edited by Hash_man_Se_i; 04-03-2008 at 05:26 PM.