Thread: Upper Control Arm - Brands Baby, Brands!

DX User

Upper Control Arm - Brands Baby, Brands!

Has anyone tried a Karlyn brand Upper Control Arm?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Accord...-/200783267674

Re: Upper Control Arm - Brands Baby, Brands!

Seems too cheap. I used some no-name cheap ones from eBay a few years ago. The bushings made all kinds of noise and the ball joints had play in them after less than two years. Moog sources to the same Japanese manufacturer as the OEM Honda parts. They cost three times as much - for a reason. The same goes for the bushing sets. I had this same problem with rear uppers as well. The imitation parts just don't use the same metallurgy as the OEM brand.

If you want cheap, you might as well go for house brand parts (lifetime warranty) at your local auto emporium. That way when they wear out in two years you can at least get the replacements for free.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by DBMaster View Post
    Seems too cheap. I used some no-name cheap ones from eBay a few years ago. The bushings made all kinds of noise and the ball joints had play in them after less than two years. Moog sources to the same Japanese manufacturer as the OEM Honda parts. They cost three times as much - for a reason. The same goes for the bushing sets. I had this same problem with rear uppers as well. The imitation parts just don't use the same metallurgy as the OEM brand.

If you want cheap, you might as well go for house brand parts (lifetime warranty) at your local auto emporium. That way when they wear out in two years you can at least get the replacements for free.
    Agreed. I love the life-time warranty stuff, because you get REALLY good REALLY fast at replacing the same part over and over.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Stick with moog or oem or a well known brand. Beening a tech ive seen people put some ebay crap on for the price but yet tend to have to replace the part regardless because of quality

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC