Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 86

Thread: Dampers (a.k.a. shocks) + What's Available

  1. #26
    SEi User
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    I hope this turns out since I love to have a set of externally adjustable shocks. Otherwise i may just have to send my konis in like guaynabo89 did.

    Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq



  2. #27
    Accord of the Year - 2007

    Legend_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Posts
    5,029

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Well I would be willing to try out the whole kit (I will do all the installation and everything involved in tuning), but we would have to figure something out for the shipping (maybe split it down the middle or something, I dont know). I understand the hesitation to send them to someone you dont know, but I would be willing to work it to somehow. I just really want this to get going and I want to help in any way I can. Also will they be ride height adjustable or not?
    -My Car thread


    Shop manual <----Click here to get the 1989 Accord shop manual (clicking this will start the download of a 32meg PDF)

  3. #28
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    the kit wont be ride height adjustable

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  4. #29
    2.0Si User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Vehicle
    88 LXi
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    3,879

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    I might be interested as well. My cars stock suspension more or less.

    The shipping state side might be a problem back and forth.

    PM if you need me. Ill need more details about the shop and all which I dont mind keeping private.


    Edit: Ill be in Upstate New York first week in October


    wp
    Last edited by Oldblueaccord; 09-14-2006 at 05:50 PM.

  5. #30
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    I'll speak with 'em to see what's possible about shipping and maybe get more than one kit to try.

    Nothing is private, ask what you want and i'll answer with pleasure.

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  6. #31
    3Geez Veteran MessyHonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,198

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    i would test it but i would have to take it off to ship it back so they can check what went right or wrong.....well first of all i would like to thank you since you are representing our old school accords....why cant you try them? you got a b20 right?

    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

  7. #32
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    i can't try 'em myself simply because the car still not running. I won't put the stock B20A in. The engine won't be ready before late winter i guess. I still have to convert the brakes for SEi and need to do the interior. But for this last part, i am waiting for the second sponsor(sonXplus/Pioneer). They offered me something but i am waiting the official paper. So I won't put the interior back untill i know what will happend with the audio.

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  8. #33
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    oh and another point, winter is knocking at our door. My car won't EVER ride in snow again.

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  9. #34
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    As I told you allz, i was fowarding all your questions. So here's all answers(this is a copy/paste from the email i just received)

    Carotman:
    For 2007 we will offer external adjustable shocks (damping only).

    Smufguy & Hash man sei:
    Selex manufactures all type of performance shock absorbers
    Selex could drop suspensions
    Selex could manufacture custom shock absorbers
    Selex could calibrate and increase damping forces (damping and rebound) has per customers demand.
    Selex could use customers shock absorbers and transform them with the damping and drop they want, including coilovers
    Selex will repair all brand names companies coil over and standard shocks...replacing them by Selex technology.
    Selex manufactures one shock absorber for each driver.
    In another words if we do not have stock we could manufacture all types of shocks with customers old units.
    Selex as been manufacturing shock absorbers since 1997 using a technology from Europe since 1960. Today we are the only company in Canada capable of offering services and manufacturing know how to our customers and drivers.

    AZmike:
    This range of damping SR40 allows the setting of the sporting springs of maximum 30mm and the shocks are equipped with 40% superior damping from OEM shock absorbers...the SR40 equipped with openable system that allows repairs and damping adjustments.For lowered springs exceeded 30mm you must use the TR60 range.
    1. SENSI-ROAD TECHNOLOGY
    2. 40% SUPERIOR DAMPING FROM OEM
    3. BI-TUBE SYSTEM
    4. DOUBLE ACTION SYSTEM
    5. OPENABLE & REBUILDABLE

    Legend Master:
    Thanks for your comments.

    MessyHonda:
    Yes teh SELEX Range SR40 (40% ) is good for a 2.25 inch drop springs and remember that we could also drop from the piston rods....

    Guaynabo89:
    Thanks for your comments

    Oldblueaccord:
    For the year 2007 we will offer complete range of SELEX springs from 40kg/cm to 200kg/cm. This are coilover kits springs.

    I will like to thank all the members that have shown interest in our products, look forward in developing some shock absorbers as per your request. I will like also to thank Dany Soucy for the support and the extraordinary professionalisms.

    I invite all those people that could attend to the SCP (sport compact performance show) in Montreal 13/14/15 October 2006 .....Selex Tuning will be exposing our product and will be glad to answer more questions.

    Best Regards and good luck on your projects.

    Benito Abile
    www.selextuning.com
    t:514-322-3141


    Well, feel free to ask anytime. I am in constant contact with him. As you can see, they will really produce a shock for us

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  10. #35
    Accord of the Year - 2007

    Legend_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Posts
    5,029

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by L3G10N
    As I told you allz, i was fowarding all your questions. So here's all answers(this is a copy/paste from the email i just received)
    Carotman:
    For 2007 we will offer external adjustable shocks (damping only).
    Smufguy & Hash man sei:
    Selex manufactures all type of performance shock absorbers
    Selex could drop suspensions
    Selex could manufacture custom shock absorbers
    Selex could calibrate and increase damping forces (damping and rebound) has per customers demand.
    Selex could use customers shock absorbers and transform them with the damping and drop they want, including coilovers
    Selex will repair all brand names companies coil over and standard shocks...replacing them by Selex technology.
    Selex manufactures one shock absorber for each driver.
    In another words if we do not have stock we could manufacture all types of shocks with customers old units.
    Selex as been manufacturing shock absorbers since 1997 using a technology from Europe since 1960. Today we are the only company in Canada capable of offering services and manufacturing know how to our customers and drivers.
    AZmike:
    This range of damping SR40 allows the setting of the sporting springs of maximum 30mm and the shocks are equipped with 40% superior damping from OEM shock absorbers...the SR40 equipped with openable system that allows repairs and damping adjustments.For lowered springs exceeded 30mm you must use the TR60 range.
    1. SENSI-ROAD TECHNOLOGY
    2. 40% SUPERIOR DAMPING FROM OEM
    3. BI-TUBE SYSTEM
    4. DOUBLE ACTION SYSTEM
    5. OPENABLE & REBUILDABLE
    Legend Master:
    Thanks for your comments.
    MessyHonda:
    Yes teh SELEX Range SR40 (40% ) is good for a 2.25 inch drop springs and remember that we could also drop from the piston rods....
    Guaynabo89:
    Thanks for your comments
    Oldblueaccord:
    For the year 2007 we will offer complete range of SELEX springs from 40kg/cm to 200kg/cm. This are coilover kits springs.
    I will like to thank all the members that have shown interest in our products, look forward in developing some shock absorbers as per your request. I will like also to thank Dany Soucy for the support and the extraordinary professionalisms.
    I invite all those people that could attend to the SCP (sport compact performance show) in Montreal 13/14/15 October 2006 .....Selex Tuning will be exposing our product and will be glad to answer more questions.
    Best Regards and good luck on your projects.
    Benito Abile
    www.selextuning.com
    t:514-322-3141
    Well, feel free to ask anytime. I am in constant contact with him. As you can see, they will really produce a shock for us

    Sounds like they know there stuff, I look forward to seeing what will happend with this.
    -My Car thread


    Shop manual <----Click here to get the 1989 Accord shop manual (clicking this will start the download of a 32meg PDF)

  11. #36
    LXi User EX-ileAccord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s
    Location
    NS, Canada
    Posts
    522

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Whats the total price for the kit? I might give it a try and im in canada so shipping might not be bad

  12. #37
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Price of the shock. Remeber, those price are in canadian dollars.

    Type SR40 = $150.00/pcs with desired drop included and openable systems
    Type TR60 = $175.00/pcs with.....
    Type CR80 = $195.00/pcs with....

    As for the full bodycoilover kit. Price will come later cause he want to work on the kit for the Hyundai Accent 2003 of my girlfriend....... well... my ex....... anyway

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  13. #38
    Accord of the Year - 2007

    Legend_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Posts
    5,029

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by L3G10N
    Price of the shock. Remeber, those price are in canadian dollars.
    Type SR40 = $150.00/pcs with desired drop included and openable systems
    Type TR60 = $175.00/pcs with.....
    Type CR80 = $195.00/pcs with....
    As for the full bodycoilover kit. Price will come later cause he want to work on the kit for the Hyundai Accent 2003 of my girlfriend....... well... my ex....... anyway

    Ok I am a little lost with the price is that for the whole kti or just the front? Also what is PCS and is that canadian prices.
    -My Car thread


    Shop manual <----Click here to get the 1989 Accord shop manual (clicking this will start the download of a 32meg PDF)

  14. #39
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Price is in CDN money for sure. And by PCS, he means each shock.

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  15. #40
    Accord of the Year - 2007

    Legend_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Posts
    5,029

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by L3G10N
    Price is in CDN money for sure. And by PCS, he means each shock.

    So does that mean I could just buy the rears or do I have to buy the whole kit. Would it make it cheaper if I sent him one of my old struts and had him redo that. I have springs, I just need stiffer struts for the rear.
    -My Car thread


    Shop manual <----Click here to get the 1989 Accord shop manual (clicking this will start the download of a 32meg PDF)

  16. #41
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    yes u can buy the rear only. The point is that we want to have something for the front more than the rear. As for sending the old unit, i'll ask him. I am pretty sure you can get a discount but it won't be real big since old unit can be found in any junkyard for almost nothing.

    As for the price, this is for only one set. We will have a better discount if we buy more in one shot. as a group buy.

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  17. #42
    3Geez Veteran BITESIZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    2000 VW
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Holy shit, I'm down for a set!

  18. #43
    Accord of the Year - 2007

    Legend_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Posts
    5,029

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by L3G10N
    yes u can buy the rear only. The point is that we want to have something for the front more than the rear. As for sending the old unit, i'll ask him. I am pretty sure you can get a discount but it won't be real big since old unit can be found in any junkyard for almost nothing.
    As for the price, this is for only one set. We will have a better discount if we buy more in one shot. as a group buy.

    Ok that all sounds great, I believe a group buy woudl be the best way to get this going. I am sure there are people out there looking to upgrade and the price is pretty reasonable.
    -My Car thread


    Shop manual <----Click here to get the 1989 Accord shop manual (clicking this will start the download of a 32meg PDF)

  19. #44
    3Geez Veteran MessyHonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,198

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    Ok that all sounds great, I believe a group buy woudl be the best way to get this going. I am sure there are people out there looking to upgrade and the price is pretty reasonable.
    150cnd=134.12uds so that is around 550+ shipping for the whole set...with that much i can buy 2 sets of tokicos for my 2 accords.

    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

  20. #45
    3Geez Veteran BITESIZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Vehicle
    2000 VW
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    150cnd=134.12uds so that is around 550+ shipping for the whole set...with that much i can buy 2 sets of tokicos for my 2 accords.

    Tokicos aren't the greatest buddy.

  21. #46
    3Geez Veteran MessyHonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,198

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by BITESIZE
    Tokicos aren't the greatest buddy.
    best we can get tho... unless you mod some other type like civic shocks

    1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

  22. #47
    3Geez Veteran gfrg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T
    Location
    A Mile High.
    Posts
    4,788

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    best we can get tho... unless you mod some other type like civic shocks

    yeah but its just an OEM replacement.....id love to get a whole set of those, i think its a reasonable offer
    -Gio
    .
    .
    My E85 Turbo Build
    .
    .
    5280FEST
    .
    .

  23. #48
    Accord of the Year - 2007

    Legend_master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.
    Posts
    5,029

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    best we can get tho... unless you mod some other type like civic shocks

    That is why this thread was made. So what point are you trying to get across? We are saying that the tokicos are cheap, because they are not very good for performance. That is why you pay 150 a strut for these.
    -My Car thread


    Shop manual <----Click here to get the 1989 Accord shop manual (clicking this will start the download of a 32meg PDF)

  24. #49
    LXi User L3G10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vehicle
    1986 accord hatchback S B20A JDM / 1998 Accord LX Coupe
    Location
    Princeville, Quebec
    Posts
    963

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    we can talk around 135$us each! But thos shock wont EVER make your car bouncy! With those, you'll be able to drop your car 2.25" and keep the car stiff as hell! The shock is not like you want? you can make em adjusted for real cheap! Even almost nothing! And things are done in 24hours! What do you want better than this?

    And 135$us is the price without a group buy! Remember this! I talk with 'em and they are ready to start the groupbuy for a group of 10!

    My Baby; Honda Accord 86 S, B20A JDM
    My Daily; Honda Accord 08 EX-L, K24Z3
    My 86 custom build thread

  25. #50

    carotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    Location
    Montreal South Shore
    Posts
    9,961

    Re: New Option for 3rd gen Shock!!!!!

    There are nice developpements made on this thread so far. Legion we need to talk

Similar Threads

  1. Replacing Dampers/Shocks... what bushings?
    By CPUNeck in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
  2. rotten dampers
    By griffonks in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 06:46 AM
  3. gas shocks
    By 89accordex4dr in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 09:36 AM
  4. shocks my be bad!!??
    By military mase in forum Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2005, 04:47 PM
  5. Rear Dampers
    By BootMachine in forum Trading Post
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 02:43 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge