PDA

View Full Version : can I use this hose to replace a coolant line?

skimdilk
06-04-2016, 01:17 PM
Hey everyone, Ive found a leak in one of my cooling lines. this one.

However I think I got the wrong hose because the guy at the parts store thought I was retarded for even saying the word flex hose. its a thermoid service air station hose, it looks like it could work but I'm not sure. If not can anyone put me in the right direction for the proper hose to buy?

skimdilk
06-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Wow, turns out the leaking coolant line was already bypassed by previous owner, and they never took out the old piece.

5 Speed Speeder
06-04-2016, 02:06 PM
I had to replace that hard line in my car. I just grabbed the same type piece off a 4th gen accord at the junkyard. the air line doesnt match up, but the coolant line does. I just bent off the coolant lines on the leaky piece and tied the new piece to the old piece.

derolph
06-07-2016, 10:07 AM
I had to replace that hard line in my car. By "hard line", do you mean the metal section? If that is what you mean, I had the same issue. I completely by-passed the short metal section of pipe with a long section of hose that replaced the two smaller pieces of hose that were connected to opposite ends of the metal section. I posted a photo of it here in the forum but I can't find that discussion now.

5 Speed Speeder
06-07-2016, 05:32 PM
By "hard line", do you mean the metal section? If that is what you mean, I had the same issue. I completely by-passed the short metal section of pipe with a long section of hose that replaced the two smaller pieces of hose that were connected to opposite ends of the metal section. I posted a photo of it here in the forum but I can't find that discussion now.

yeah, i was talking about the metal line. the section where the coolant flows that you cant bend by pinching it with two fingers; a.k.a. the metal line.

skimdilk
06-08-2016, 12:08 PM
By "hard line", do you mean the metal section? If that is what you mean, I had the same issue. I completely by-passed the short metal section of pipe with a long section of hose that replaced the two smaller pieces of hose that were connected to opposite ends of the metal section. I posted a photo of it here in the forum but I can't find that discussion now.

I saw your post, however when I went to replace mine i discovered that the previous owner already had but left the metal line in place cosmetically if that makes sense