Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( RobT5580 )

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    Well good luck.I hope it all works out for you.And again respect for all the work.I cant wait you have to get some vids of it for us.

1, 2, 3 MATT chirp mE
    4, 5, 6 he is coming for mE
    7, 8, 9, 10 we are heading up state!

I can't wait!
    Maurice

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    That's just awesome Rob. I can tell you that you'll be surprised how much power this engine has :p

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i 5 speed hatchback
    Culpeper, Va.- home, JMU (Harrisonburg, Va.)- school
    that thing should atleast hit 300hp even on low boost is my guess.
    "Eat, Drink, and be Merry!"

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    You kill me maurice and you know i not as competative as some of you guys. Mike/Matts car certainly should be fast and it would be nice to compete turbo vs naturally aspirated. Im dying to drive the car especially since i have been driving the mazda which sucks. To bad Yasu was not around since he has a nice b20a setup and yours (carotman) so we all could have our long term b20a projects done around the same time.

Vehicle
    A20A3T
    You can always get ahold of Yasu on www.vancouveraccords.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580
    You kill me maurice and you know i not as competative as some of you guys. Mike/Matts car certainly should be fast and it would be nice to compete turbo vs naturally aspirated.

hahahaha You know I'm just messing with you man. Your car is gonna be fast , I know it, MATT knows it and a lot of ppl do too. I guess there will be a new terror in the streets of CT

PS: Was you exhaust manifold made by shitbird (HMT)? Also, do you think the wastegate is gonna clear the hood, specially after the boost controller nipple is installed on the top.
    Last edited by Coroncho80; 09-18-2004 at 03:22 PM.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by Coroncho80
    hahahaha You know I'm just messing with you man. Your car is gonna be fast , I know it, MATT knows it and a lot of ppl do too. I guess there will be a new terror in the streets of CT

PS: Was you exhaust manifold made by shitbird (HMT)? Also, do you think the wastegate is gonna clear the hood, specially after the boost controller nipple is installed on the top.
    The manifold is from a guy tom@ludespeed that made full kits for the preludes. Its not bad and is better flowing than a log style manifold but i might have a custom manifold made later on. And the wastegate is going to be tight but according to my measurements it will clear. If i do have problems im going to scrap that downpipe and just do a 3" downpipe now as of later. So if this works i will use it for now and later i want a full 3" downpipe all the way to the muffler. So i have a few minor changes coming in the future along with a aftermarket intake manifold and that will do it for the engine mods.

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    I dont think we have certified dealers.For anything here.It drives me crazy.I have to figure something out.My setup now will only last till a certain amount of boost.Witch will not be enough for me LOL
    I'm not sure what you could run, but seriously contact Cam at Lightspeed Innovations formerly Diablo Performance in Red Deer... I know you have been dealing with those guys in edmonton, but cam is an awesome guy, and really knows his stuff when it comes to cars... He right now is working on tuning a Turbo B18c1 powered old school widebody mini, and my friends old 87? 5-series which he is in the process of turboing...
    I would say go see him, i'm sure he can figure something out for engine management.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    yeah rob your setup is just plain sick... soo much money invested but youre doing it the right way the first time... the rest of us are on stock internals. Ive heard good things and bad things about the aem ecu... Personally if i go big time with another built a20 im gonna get better managemant and maybe make an equal length manifold. Other than that i think i hit the nail on the head the first time, but youres is the cleanest ive seen rob
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    Thanks, I chose the aem for two reasons: a lot of certified tuners and it utilizes the stock wiring harness. Overall though its supposed to be a great system and yes they all have issues. I am worried about emissions so i wanted to be able to go back to stock form if need be to pass. Otherwise i was looking at electromotove and motec but the lack of tuners local to me and experience with honda's was a big turn off. Its hard to build things right from the start and i would have never had this opportunity if i didn't start my business. I hope to have the car 100% done by summer or during next summer including all exterior/interior work which should be possible since the engine was by far the most expensive part.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI 5speed
    AWESOME ROB!!! AWESOME!!! i cant wait to see in the car and see you put some numbers down on it!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/3364524

b20accord SN on honda-tech,homemadeturbo,clubcivic,turbod16, and many more

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    1, 2, 3 MATT chirp mE
    4, 5, 6 he is coming for mE
    7, 8, 9, 10 we are heading up state!

I can't wait!
    it'd be funny to see robs car smoke raunchy.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Quote Originally Posted by NXRacer
    it'd be funny to see robs car smoke raunchy.
    To be honest, he BETTER SMOKE me. He has 15k invested on the engine alone Vs a stock LS and I mean, SMOKE, not beat me ......... SMOKE me because if he doesn't ......... but I will defenitely be looking soooooo forward for that race

On the other hand, YOU are gonna need a lot of NXXXXXX XXXpressss to at least line up with me
    Maurice

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    On the other hand, YOU are gonna need a lot of NXXXXXX XXXpressss to at least line up with me
    lets see, turbo LSVtec vs. basically stock a20....hmmm yeah i probably would. Either that or a miracle.
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    lets see, turbo LSVtec vs. basically stock a20....hmmm yeah i probably would. Either that or a miracle.
    Stock LS, no VTEC.
    No projects. Life consumes my time and money.

Vehicle
    86 LXi Hatch
    dont need to be picky about the small details
    Nothin' 2 Old Racing

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    ROb, your engine looks awsome, and so does the manifold. Was it custom made? (looks like it).

one more question, Do u think this bastard fits in ur engine bay clearning the fans, let alone ur rad??

Vehicle
    Praveen, It should fit but when i made the downpipe i overlooked the fact that the cross member was not real far from the engine so i might have issues with that. But if i do i will simply go to the 3 inch downpipe now which i want to do as soon as possible. And as for the fan its going to be close and if it hits im going to get a thinner fan. I do have plans to get the fluidyne or C&R aluminum radiator over the winter when the car is off the road. Right now i just want to get it running and tuned so i can drive it a little before winter sets in. I was more concerned with other modifications that would be hard to do with the engine in place. And the manifold is not bad it was made by Tom@Ludespeed but he no longer makes stuff for the 3rd gen prelude as he use to make full turbo kits. It will certainly flow better than a log manifold and i want to see how it holds up to the heat with the thermal coating i had put on. Later i might go with a race style manifold but it depends how i like this one and how it holds up.

And maurice you better have some new tires because i dont want the POS blowing out a tire while im passing you.....LOL J/K its all good man im not out to be the fastest but it better lay down some good power/numbers. I was more concerned with reliability and having it last where i dont have to tinker with the engine at all.

Like Steve said, STOCK LS --- Nothing else.

Rob: You are right man, I really need some tires and my goal is to have them by the meeting and ready for your beast I've spent the money on other things and not the tires. I dont drive the car much so I dont care about the tires now. They could be the last thing I get.
    Maurice

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    Rob, I must compliment you on your engine and complete setyup you have. Alot of people think it's crazy to dump that much $$$ into a car, I think it's crazy if you want it and you don't. Wicked hot man.
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

DX User
    Vehicle
    don't have any 3g accords anymore but still a 3gee fan but now i have a 92 honda civic dx hatch and its a 5 spd
    dang that is the shitzznit..................man when u have it running that thing is goin to kick some serious domestic ass....................
    MY NAME is KONGO

Vehicle
    Gun Metal 88 accord Fi Swap
    ...uncanny
    **please side note for the two of you that always read my post and go talk shit about it, get a life**

Vehicle
    Iv been working on accords since 1997 and this car has been going well for me. The best thing i ever did was get a 2nd car so i didnt have to drive the car i was modifying. My first accord was decent but was only the beginning and my second accord more or less was my daily driver and took a lot of money to keep it on the road with all the miles i was putting on it. So im getting close to finishing my car but i still have about another $6,000+ to finish the exterior and interior before i can just sit back and enjoy it. Im psched that i got this far over this summer and even with some delays i still should have it running shortly if i dont have any problems. I could have done wiser things this summer like expand my business and I could have potentially made a lot more money but i figured its my last free summer so i might as well enjoy it so i dumped just about everything i had into the accord project.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Looks awsome!

I'm glad your project is nearing completion. You must be getting very anxious to almost be finished. Gonna have to see that thing when you finally finish.

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to us all.