Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess I'm a 3rdGenGuy now too!

2ndGenGuy

Guess I'm a 3rdGenGuy now too!

I just picked up this poor thing in Federal Way, WA last night. The engine has a blown head gasket, and the exterior and interior have been trashed.

Since I believe she's long gone, I'm going to turn her into a heart donor. Her heart is going to be the subject of an A20 swap into my 2gee. I'm going to pull the engine and transmission this weekend, and then the rest of the car is going to go to the junk yard. Her life may be coming to an end, but her heart will live on strong after it's rebuilt and installed.

If anybody wants any parts off of it, let me know. Anybody local can come by and have whatever parts they want. If something needs to be shipped, I'll figure out a price that works. Probably just shipping and a little donation to my time pulling the part.

It's an 87 LX. I can take more pictures if anybody wants to see certain parts.

Even Hondas benefit from having a Ford around.

Here she is, I'm sure she's had better days.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: Guess I'm a 3rdGenGuy now too!

congrats....you plan on keeping it carbed? cuz if i was you i would go Fuel injection...i knoe the 2nd gens SE-i are rare...and slow...my friend raced me and i like 4 car lenghts in front of him.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

2ndGenGuy

Yeah, I'm keeping it carbed. I bought a Weber carb conversion for the ES2, and I'll buy the adapter for the A20 after it's built. Gonna figure out how to tune it and get it all running on the ES2 for now. Maybe if I get brave with ECUs and extra fuel lines, then one day I'll go FI on this car.

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

So that's your donor car eh?
    Are you swapping anything else from it?

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Hey congrats. You should have everything you need with that donor car.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

2ndGenGuy

The only other things that I know I can swap off of it besides the engine and transmission, are the brake calipers. I don't know what else there really is. The body of the car is trashed and so is most of the interior. There aren't even any keys for it, and all I have as far as papers is an Abandoned Vehicle Report. Not even sure if that's legitimate or not.

I tried to start it, and I did so by using the ignition swich that was hanging down below the dash and a screwdriver. I think it might actually start and run, but I ran out of battery. Gonna try it again tonight and see. If it at least fires up, I can run it down the block and see how the transmission shifts in it. I can't even read the odometer. None of the digits line up, so its somehwere between 180,000 and 290,000 miles. Who knows. It doesn't matter tho cos the engine is gettin redone.

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

I would definitely be interested in that rear spoiler if it's intact, it looks OEM. How much shipped to 03301?
    Last edited by Whistler225; 06-04-2006 at 04:52 AM.

2ndGenGuy

Yeah the spoiler is actually in good condition, it will probably need paintwork though. I'm not 100% sure on shipping as of right now, but I will find out and let you know tomorrow.

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    Yeah the spoiler is actually in good condition, it will probably need paintwork though. I'm not 100% sure on shipping as of right now, but I will find out and let you know tomorrow.
    groovy, thanks.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

What condition is the part of the dash in that covers the Gauge cluster in? If its decent i may want to buy that from you.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EricW
    What condition is the part of the dash in that covers the Gauge cluster in? If its decent i may want to buy that from you.
    That is in good shape as well. I'll also post a pic for you in a bit. How much do you wanna pay for it? I can't imagine more than $6.00 shipping or so. I don't have a manual for this car, do you know how to get it off?

2ndGenGuy

Oh yeah! I started the car today and drove it down the street! It seems to run ok. A bunch of vacuum lines were missing, so it was idling between 300-4000 rpms. It shifts really nice, and even in its screwed up condition, it is more powerful than my 84. I think after this engine is rebuilt and transplanted its really going to haul some ass. After I pulled it into my garage, a huge billow of smoke came up out of the hood, looks like the head gasket is indeed blown, and its blowing oil out onto the exhaust manifold. There was no smoke coming out the tailpipe though, which is cool.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Coupe LXi

Good eye on the spoiler. If the deal with him on the spoiler falls through let me know.
    89 Accord LXi Coupe, Tenzo Type II Titanium Exhaust, KYB GR-2 Struts, 2 JL 10's, New Polor White Paint Job, Accel Super Stock Coil, Boss 318 Black Chrome 17x8 Rims, 215-40-17 Ziex

2ndGenGuy

Okay here are the pics of the parts requested.

I assume this cover is what you're looking for EricW

The mix of tailights from different years. The ones on the trunk lid are in good shape, but aren't from an 87. The ones on the body are not in good shape, rather broken.

And here it is! The spoiler! Could be buffed out to look okay, but to look good will need paint. There is a little peely on the left side.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX

I don't think that the spoiler is oem... But looks nice anyway

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

its a 4g spoiler thats why it doesnt look oem. anyway nice car dood....i havent read the rest of the thread but im pretty sure you have mentioned what youre going to do to it right lol

Vehicle
    86/Honda/Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by AccordRacing21
    Good eye on the spoiler. If the deal with him on the spoiler falls through let me know.
    Sorry bro.....that baby's mine lol....just messin with ye

Did you find out how much for the shipping yet?

2ndGenGuy

No, I haven't found out about shipping. And it's NOT an OEM spoiler. I took it off tonight. Its got some aftermarket name on it, but it's got the LED lights.

The problem is going to be packaging it up. I'm just going to take it down to the FedEx store or UPS store and have them package it up, so that will be added into the cost. But since I'm not really going to charge much for it, it will still be worthwhile.

2ndGenGuy

Okay everybody here's the deal...

$20 shipped for this for EricW

$50 shipped for this thing for Whistler225. It was a pain in the ass to box up, the guy at FedEx took forever, but I was grateful for his help in packaging this up. It was $11.00 for packaging, plus some extra for removal and shipping of course. I think that sounds about fair, eh?
    EDIT: Some of the LEDs won't light up.

PM me your addresses and I'll ship them out ASAP. I'll set up a PayPal account shortly, and I'll just trust that you'll pay me later.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 06-05-2006 at 10:05 PM.

2ndGenGuy

My PayPal account is [email protected] or you can just mail me a check. Just let me know if those prices sound fair, I'm willing to ship in advance just to get this stuff outta here.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    No, I haven't found out about shipping. And it's NOT an OEM spoiler. I took it off tonight. Its got some aftermarket name on it, but it's got the LED lights.

The problem is going to be packaging it up. I'm just going to take it down to the FedEx store or UPS store and have them package it up, so that will be added into the cost. But since I'm not really going to charge much for it, it will still be worthwhile.

dude all ive got to say about shipping it through UPS is you better do some very good packaging, trust me ive been a loader there for about three weeks now.

oh btw the car looks ok, once that engine is in you 2g its going to haul arse
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

2ndGenGuy

Okay, I decided that I'll let the spoiler go for $30 shipped. $50 is a bit much for it's condition.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

the pics dont work

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

2ndGenGuy

Yep my webserver hard drive died. Working on getting the pics back up... Anyways, it doesn't matter that much cos the car is long gone.

Vehicle
    1984 Honda Accord LX

i can't see the images...is there another way to see it/???
    '84 Honda Accord LX Sedan