Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need advice

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

I need advice

so my brother is in the army. he's not a big car guy like us lol. but he has always liked my cars, not because of the way they look, not because of the way they run but because of the sound systems lol. so he asked me to put one in his car. he said he was going to pay for it, but he wanted for me to put it in and decide what to put into it. the lil guy is in the army and getting ready to be deployed to iraq in a month or two. when it came to his birthday i only gave him a very cool knife that cost me an arm and a leg because well he's into knifes and shit...plus he's my brother.So i said fuck it and i decided that im not going to let him pay for it and i am. BUT i dont want to spend a shitload of money. ive been searching on ebay for the past month looking for shit and so far ive spent roughly about 91 bucks and so far i have all four speakers and an Alpine Type R Sub. yeah i know nice deal huh lol. anyway i need two amps for this system. im looking for a 4 channel and a mono block for the 12" sub. for the 4ch i want something at least 50-60 watts rms per channel and for the mono block something at least 300-400 watts rms.

now ive never bought any MTX amps but ive been looking at them on ebay becasue they are a great price. do you guys like these? im really biased when it comes to this becasue i've always gone alpine everything. except for speakers....that ive always gone infinity (which im going with in his car as well) i was going to buy alpine amps for his car but i cant find them under 150 on ebay. so i need some help...let me know what you guys think on some amps and brands please. I was also looking at this one MA Audio 4ch one for 79 bucks at 800w....thats a bit too much but the price is nice. lol

anyway this thing is turning out too big of a read but help a brotha out man!
    Last edited by mkymonkey; 08-01-2006 at 09:01 PM.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: I need advice

i have both a mono and a 4ch for sale monkey 120 each my mono was running to an alpine type r 10 bridged at 2oh for a total of 800 rms

Vehicle

here is the alpine one i was going to buy but like i said...kinda $40 too expensive lol
    -ALPINE MRP-F450 4CH AMP

and the mono block...again $40 too much
    -MRP-M650 MONO BLOCK

If i cant find anything i guess im going with these....like i said im biased to alpine

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    i have both a mono and a 4ch for sale monkey 120 each my mono was running to an alpine type r 10 bridged at 2oh for a total of 800 rms
    are those the audiobahns? im too lazy to search. ive had audiobahns before and they blew up on me. maybe it was just me but i also didnt like the way they sounded. plus i used to sell them at circuit city and they always got returned

edit: damn geddy youre fast to reply man lol

Vehicle

well i do know one thing these amps kicked ass in my car i never had a single prob with them

Vehicle

ive done alot of installs and i want settle for cheap in my car i did alot of resarch befor buying and on sounddomin there wasent a single negitve feedback on weather of these two amps

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

IMO not a fan of audiobahn either... I'd say go with the Alpines or MTX... MTX amps used to be amazing, still alright, but not as good as they used to be, and MA audio sucks.

Vehicle

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i
    IMO not a fan of audiobahn either... I'd say go with the Alpines or MTX... MTX amps used to be amazing, still alright, but not as good as they used to be, and MA audio sucks.
    See i like you cuz you think just like me lol. Thats exactly what i thought, "MTX used to be cool...lets try them" then when i saw MA Audio i was like "hmm...i dunno, last time i heard they sucked...ill think about this one" lol

geddy i cant find any reviews on your amp. and by reviews i mean from people that have bought these. im not the type of guy that takes what sounddomain says about them serious lol. i want to hear it from people in other sites.

actually when i searched someone said it was an ok budget amp but its not real responsive and it gets distortioned. but that was just one guy.

Vehicle

at the bottom of each of those pages there are reviews

Vehicle

bump

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LX

Dude check into Kicker subs. L7 are nice but pricy, and comps are nice and affordable. If you go with the comps I highly suggest the sony Explode amp that looks like a stop sign. That combo had me and my buddy settin off alarms around town. Check into it.
    Catch me if you can!

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

ur bro is small! is he older then you?

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Dude check into Kicker subs. L7 are nice but pricy, and comps are nice and affordable. If you go with the comps I highly suggest the sony Explode amp that looks like a stop sign. That combo had me and my buddy settin off alarms around town. Check into it.
    Read before you post... He already has the sub and speakers... He's just asking about amps...

And those Sony amps are garbage. You have no idea how many people I had come into my old work looking to get those fixed or replaced.

Vehicle

hash man i think i love you. lol

and cheeseburger my brother just turned 19

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi

my old system i had mtx amps and they worked great until they got stolen. they came with the certificate showing what their actual rms wattage tested at and they were all at least a hundred watts above spec.

i haven't really looked at new car audio stuff in a while so i don't know if the quality's gotten much worse or stayed about the same. seems like a lot of the amp companies have stopped making as high quality stuff as they did, say, 5 years ago.
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.

Vehicle

hmm...what do ya'll think about this?

MTX Thunder 421D Mono Block
    MTX Thunder 404 4ch Amp

Vehicle

bump

Vehicle

^^^^^^^^^^

Vehicle

Vehicle
    88 Honda Accord Lx

I've used audiobahn products before. The first time I bought two cheap 12" subs. They sounded like shit. I figured I didn't pay much for them and when it comes to car audio... you get what you pay for. Adventually I bought a bigger amp, so I needed better subs to handle the power. Again I went with Audiobahn. I bought two AW1208T's. They are rated at handling 1500 watts rms. Which was a perfect match for my Hifonics XX Colossus putting out 3000 watts rms. I payed alot more for these subwoofers. They sounded just as shitty as the cheap two I bought before. I figure if their subs are shit, then the rest of their products are. When It comes to amps... I go Hifonics. They make very good products at a decent price. I never had a problem with any Hifonics product I ever bought. By the way, if you want a four channel and a mono block. Why just don't you buy a five channel amp. Less wires wires to run and less space it will take up. Plus you might spend less money buying one amp instead of two.
    Now if vegetable oil is made out of vegetables and olive oil is made out of olives.... whats baby oil made out of?

Vehicle

i wont use audiobahn subs

Accord of the Year - 2006

no specs on either and thats the most important part.

theyll do the job if your not going for high clarity.

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi

i think that for that price the 4-channel is a good deal. the sub amp would be good too if you can get it for around $150.

btw, what deck are you going to use?
    Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    my A20 is not SLOW. ur A20 is slow.