Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forged Internals and B18 intake

Forged Internals and B18 intake

Is there any companys that make forged internals for the A20 im thinkin bout doin a t3/t4 wit bout 14psi and a 75 wet shot of ZEX im looking for pistons and rods and maybe a crank if the stock one wont hold up also would i be able to make a adaptor plate to put a B18 intake manifold on the A20 that way i can do aftermarket fuel rail and throtle body from skunk2 also what are my options for tuning is the a Standalone EMS or piggybacks or could i jus do a megasquirt or somethin

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Re: Forged Internals and B18 intake

couldn't you make them..... out of dust or something? You could call it the omegasquirt, that'd be cool.

2ndGenGuy

I dunno man, he kinda fucked up on the 6th day. We didn't turn out all that great. I dunno if I'd trust him to build an Omegasquirt system if he can't even do a good job making us in his image... Maybe he'd be better off buying something pre-made.

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

hhrrmm maybe your right.

Find this god:

I dunno man, he kinda fucked up on the 6th day. We didn't turn out all that great. I dunno if I'd trust him to build an Omegasquirt system if he can't even do a good job making us in his image... Maybe he'd be better off buying something pre-made.
    BTW i seen the ninja-edit. i was gonna say.... he rested on the 7th lmao

2ndGenGuy

Yeah I had to Google it to be sure... Don't strike me down plz god? kthx.

Maybe this:

It does look kinda different on a Mac. Much prettier if you ask me...
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 10-14-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

f*cking {God} has a fu*cking Honda? fu*k me

figured he could pick up a ride at Zues Lexus

heavanly farter please dont think you are going to squirt, turbo on a custom made rotating assembly and not have spent $$ you could have Zues hook you up something you will have more time to make mermaids for us.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

twenty Hail Mary's
    and pardon me, your SN is sacreligious

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

alright i feel helpful sort of.

1. nobody makes forged internals for the a20.
    2. you have options. LS integra rods will work if you have a custom piston (see next bullet) made with 21mm wrist pin.
    3. diamond will custom make you some bad ass pistons. just have to call them up and do some legwork.
    4. don't know of any special a20 cranks, but you could get yours cryo treated, if you just do the one part it won't be that much money. benefits are arguable.

5. you don't need an adapter plate to run b16/typer manifold, just a drill and a die grinder...
    6. once you mod the manifold you can automatically use the B series fuel rails, throttle bodies, etc etc...

7. you have lots of options from tuning, the more you are willing to spend, the more control you will have. cheapest being SAFC and BTM, next up probably an OBD1 conversion or mega squirt depending on how crafty you are. or you could go full standalone, or the plug and play AEM EMS once you are obd1.

if you have any specific questions just ask us.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post

2. you have options. LS integra rods will work if you have a custom piston (see next bullet) made with 21mm wrist pin.
    3. diamond will custom make you some bad ass pistons. just have to call them up and do some legwork.
    4. don't know of any special a20 cranks, but you could get yours cryo treated, if you just do the one part it won't be that much money. benefits are arguable.

5. you don't need an adapter plate to run b16/typer manifold, just a drill and a die grinder...
    6. once you mod the manifold you can automatically use the B series fuel rails, throttle bodies, etc etc...

7. you have lots of options from tuning, the more you are willing to spend, the more control you will have. cheapest being SAFC and BTM, next up probably an OBD1 conversion or mega squirt depending on how crafty you are. or you could go full standalone, or the plug and play AEM EMS once you are obd1.

there are all your answers... check out hs build while your at it, this guy is awesome!!
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post

so pretty much your my hero... what all would i have to do to convert it to obd1 and what car would i order the ams ems for and also where did you get you delta 282 cam

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

If I blow my brains out all over the ceiling, do I go straight to hell?
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar View Post
    If I blow my brains out all over the ceiling, do I go straight to hell?
    only if you have kicked a old lady because she had a gucci purse and you were jealous

Vehicle

there is a comprehensive guide to obd1 conversion on this forum... just do a search - https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...nversion+guide

don't know which aem ems you will need. guanabo89 should be able to help with that.
    http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=62
    http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=63

those are a couple places to start looking

you can only buy delta cams from www.deltacams.com, they cost around $115 without a core to send them. and they shipped next day... prices have probably gone up a bit.

also i don't reccomend a 282 for a turbo build. talk to them about a hybrid 262/272 or 272/282 cam for a turbo setup.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    f*cking {God} has a fu*cking Honda? fu*k me
    He did tell his disciples to be in one Accord...
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

how come you dont think i should go wit a 282 cam for a turbo also i was thinkin bout gettin my ZEX kit and jus puttin some lower jets in like a 35shot or somethin till i can have the motor pulled to be buildt would i be able to get away with this or is that too much for a stock A20... also i did have a ? wit a short ram intake the stock intake comes off the throtle body then wraps around to the filter and then has that long pipe on it well there is a box with vacume hoses coming off of it wat do i do with that when i install a short ram intake

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    how come you dont think i should go wit a 282 cam for a turbo also i was thinkin bout gettin my ZEX kit and jus puttin some lower jets in like a 35shot or somethin till i can have the motor pulled to be buildt would i be able to get away with this or is that too much for a stock A20... also i did have a ? wit a short ram intake the stock intake comes off the throtle body then wraps around to the filter and then has that long pipe on it well there is a box with vacume hoses coming off of it wat do i do with that when i install a short ram intake
    TOOO much overlap between lobes. Intake charge goes straight out the exhaust. Scavenging is great for a N/A setup, not so much with forced induction.

I like my gucci purse, and I like kicking old ladies. Where's the problem?
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar View Post
    TOOO much overlap between lobes. Intake charge goes straight out the exhaust. Scavenging is great for a N/A setup, not so much with forced induction.

I like my gucci purse, and I like kicking old ladies. Where's the problem?
    well im glad you like your purse and everyone needs a hobby i guess yours is kicking old ladies lol....

so the 272/282 hybrid would be good for a turbo then and also wat bout that 35 shot on a stock bottom end????

2ndGenGuy

If the bottom end can't handle 35hp via Nitrous, it woudln't handle boost so well either. I think a 35 shot would be fine. Probably get away with a 50 shot for a while I'd bet.

yea after i said a 35 shot zex i seen the smallest injectors they offer is a 55 might have to go wit a NOS or Venom Kit not sure though im jus lookin to get a few extra ponies outta her before a do my hopeful 325-350whp A20 + 75shot NOS if that dont get me into the 12's i will personally drive the car into a lake

Vehicle
    gold 88 accord lx

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    He did tell his disciples to be in one Accord...
    13 dudes in one Accord.....have to be a stretch Aerodeck or some shit.

Vehicle

I think a 35-55 shot is fine as long as it is setup properly. Boost will add a lot more power than that if you do it right! The bottom ends are okay in these motors, but the weakness is we have no easy way to tune them.

Even the 272/282 hybrid is a bit sketchy imo for turbo setup. I haven't heard any results of people using non-stock cams for boosted setups. I feel like a 272 would be okay possibly, but having had a 282 in my car I wouldn't want that on the turbo setup. you just overlap your power away! like was mentioned above.

2ndGenGuy

"God woudln't be up this late..."

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by evil88accordLX View Post
    13 dudes in one Accord.....have to be a stretch Aerodeck or some shit.
    or they all have to be mexican lol

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    or they all have to be mexican lol
    wait a second, can you say H E double hockey sticks ? here's yur sign

Looks like the heavanly farter has done some homework.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    yea after i said a 35 shot zex i seen the smallest injectors they offer is a 55 might have to go wit a NOS or Venom Kit not sure though im jus lookin to get a few extra ponies outta her before a do my hopeful 325-350whp A20 + 75shot NOS if that dont get me into the 12's i will personally drive the car into a lake
    i doubt you'll pull 325-350hp on 14 psi.......
    you may be able to get that with 14 psi + 100 shot.
    or possibly 20 psi and a 50 shot.
    figures taken from banks turbo.
    figure n/a hp + 8% gain per pound of boost.

say 100hp n/a = 8hp per psi
    8hp X 14psi = 112hp
    112hp + 100hp = 212hp

i have compared figures with my dyno sheet and the figures were within 2 hp.

at the same 100hp
    8hp x 25psi = 200hp
    200hp + 100hp = 300hp

if you pull 350hp on 14psi without nitrous you would be god! lol!
    Last edited by 89T; 10-15-2008 at 04:04 AM.